::Revolver

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby james1985 » Sun May 07, 2006 7:23 pm

Beatle Lou wrote:It is the best album of all time, hands down. It probably drove John crazy that arguabably the 2 best Beatle records were more Paul and George flavored than John (Revolver and Abbey Road). We know Lennon disliked ABBEY ROAD but had he ever really commented on REVOLVER????

I find Revolver the most equal album. They both contribute 5 knock-out tracks each. Don't find it more Paul-flavoured at all.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Beatle Lou » Mon May 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love John's songs on REVOLVER however I think Paul's are totally stronger and George had a real breakthrough on this record.
Beatle Lou

Postby jules » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:26 pm

I also think Revolver is equally shared among the three geniuses. John's songs, She Said She Said, I'm Only Sleeping, Doctor Robert, Tomorrow Never Knows, And Your Bird Can Sing, have never, and will never, be bettered. Same goes for Paul's songs and George's (particularly Taxman). That's why it's head and shoulders above anything else out there. It is in a different league from anything else and it urinates copiously on everything else.
jules

Postby james1985 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:17 am

They're all equally on the top of their game on this album, and it really is a "band" album. Especially on ....Your Bird Can Sing, they are firing on all cylinders
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: ::Revolver

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Greatest album cover EVER!! haha I think this album is amazing because George brings the indian influence into Love You To which was really important and Good Day Sunshine sounds very Pepper to me so I think you can see them starting to go into the future ooooo haha you can see them starting to change the world :lol:
RhayaOnTheHill

Postby EddieV » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:11 am

We all know that Paul is playing the lead guitar on Taxman. Do you think he made up the solo on this or was told by Harrison??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby janne » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 pm

EddieV wrote:We all know that Paul is playing the lead guitar on Taxman. Do you think he made up the solo on this or was told by Harrison??

According to Geoff Emerick George Harrison couldn`t come up with a solo good enough so George Martin asked Paul to do it.

Janne
janne

Postby EddieV » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm

janne wrote:
EddieV wrote:We all know that Paul is playing the lead guitar on Taxman. Do you think he made up the solo on this or was told by Harrison??

According to Geoff Emerick George Harrison couldn`t come up with a solo good enough so George Martin asked Paul to do it.

Janne

Thanks Janne
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Isn't the story with most of the tracks where Paul plays lead guitar that George would be spending hours working out a precise solo and Paul would wing in and just knock something great up off the cuff?
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Great, fantastic, incredible album. We all know that in this album they stopped touring and decided to take a break, which they deserved, but it would have been wonderful to have The Beatles performing songs from Revolver, if not in a concert maybe in some TV show or special. Maybe an acoustic version of I'm only sleeping or Here, there and everywhere, Eleanor Rigby with real strings and two rockers, She said, she said and Taxman.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums