Beatles Remasters MONO vs STEREO (see video comaparison)

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Beatles Remasters MONO vs STEREO (see video comaparison)

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:03 am

John Montagna a NYC-based bass guitarist and fan of this site, sent me this note:
John Montagna here ( http://www.johnmontagna.com ) I've been touring with Alan Parsons since 2003, and I've worked with Denny Laine, Todd Rundgren, Badfinger's Joey Molland, and a host of other legendary rockers.

I had a chance to get my hands on the Beatles Mono Remasters recently, and luckily the cameras were rolling. Thought you might enjoy the results!

Keep up the great work at Maccacentral.com. Thanx!

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Re: Beatles Remasters MONO vs STEREO (see video comaparison)

Postby linclink » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:47 am

LOVED this! I actually subscribe to his youtube channel now. I highly recommend checking out his channel...not only are there more fun, hilarious, creative Beatles vids, but...he also does terrific original music as well- really worth checking out!! Thanks for posting Mike!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby chris » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:55 pm

this really is fantastic. i struggled with the choice of stereo and mono for a while, before i settled on the mono mix. i was happily surprised to see that several of them included both mono AND stereo, which was nice.

and for those who bought the stereo mix, i'm sure it is wonderful. but if you weren't sure about the mono, it really is like hearing it for the first time. i am most satisfied with my decision.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:25 pm

I have the stereo box (credit: S. Claus) because I want all 13 albums in a nice box, yadda yadda.

But after this vid, I will be downloading the mono mixes off a certain sharing website that shall remain nameless. And put away two dollars a week until I can buy a mono box, because it sounds great.

And this guy who does the videos is great, get him on tv
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 pm

james1985 wrote:I have the stereo box (credit: S. Claus) because I want all 13 albums in a nice box, yadda yadda.

But after this vid, I will be downloading the mono mixes off a certain sharing website that shall remain nameless. And put away two dollars a week until I can buy a mono box, because it sounds great.

And this guy who does the videos is great, get him on tv

Yeah, same here. I just picked up the stereo box over the weekend. I sampled several tracks in both the mono and stereo versions, to me, the stereo just sounds better. The different mixes on some of the mono tracks is pretty cool, so eventually I'll pick it up I'm sure. The stereo box is great!! :salute
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Both boxes are great-

and when you think about how far we've come-- we now have the orginal mono mixes available on superb sounding CDs, remastered stereo mixes, making most Beatle tracks sound up to speed w/other artists efforts (i.e. Rolling Stones recent remasters, which I don't like as much as I like the Beatles remasters).
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:14 am

Um, does anyone else think that the second half of stereo remaster for I Am The Walrus sounds absolutely AWFUL!?!?!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions