Paul on X-Factor (videos)

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul on X-Factor (videos)

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 am

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Paul on X-Factor (videos)

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 am

As usual a great performance by Paul and band.I really dont really like he did this gig, but Ok!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

yeah eddie i wasnt real happy he did this but did you see simon? he was going wild. :-D
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am

This was without doubt the worst decision he has ever made. Performing for Cowell is indefensible. Having those talentless monkeys gurning all around him as well was unwatchable. It's very hard to defend oneself as a Macca fan sometimes, the old git doesn't make it easy for us, does he :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 am

Not a terrible performance, but not a very good one either (one of the times when his voice sounds a little bit off to me & I don't think it's just the context- well not for me, maybe it was for him).
I'm sure folks were made happy, & that's fine, but I'm betting lots were not as well...for me I have to say it's not the aesthetic choice I would have made, and it makes me cringe, and wince a little (reminds me of the Paul of the 80's & why I avoided him like the plague for the better of two decades- the term, crass show biz pandering springs to mind)...overall score- Ouch & no thanks...at least mildly embarrassing, but this time I'm smart enough to shake it off in light of the amazing work he's been doing for so long/as of late...it ain't the 80's anymore folks...
Last edited by linclink on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 am

Unfortunately reality TV is what most people want to watch on TV, them the facts. So my guess is simply that Paul caved to get to an audience that some have probably never seen a real concert, with real performers who don't just sing, who were idolized because of their raw talent and not from a cookie cutter.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby james1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:05 am

But by performing on the show he's pretty much endorsing Simon Cowell and all that he stands for (or doesn't stand for).
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 am

linclink wrote:Not a terrible performance, but not a very goo one either (one of the times when his voice sounds a little bit off to me & I don't think it's just the context- well not for me, maybe it was for him).

But of course, no Auto-Tune was used in the mixing of Good Evening New York City. ;-)

[I don't know what happened here, but the above was the only thing I wrote initially; everything else was not written by me]
Last edited by Awesoman on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesoman

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 am

Sorry, to go off topic...but are you saying that BRUCE uses autotune?
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm

2 of 3 wrote:Sorry, to go off topic...but are you saying that BRUCE uses autotune?

Yes, what I'm saying is that an audio engineer who works or worked for Bruce Springsteen either published an article or was quoted in an article that he used vocoders/vocalizer/harmonizer to build up Springsteen's voice by mixing the dry vocal with a harmonizer tuned down a few cents with another harmonizer tuned up a few cents. I do distinctly remember this because I recently got a vocoder around that time and remembered that article was my first introduction to the term "cent". I read it either in Electronic Musican or Recording magazine, I still have the back issues but may or may not spend the time to actually look up the article. Or perhaps in one of the books/magazines I have on Home Studio Recording. I saw Bruce during the Born in the USA tour and he did tend to sing flat live anyway, besides a good show, that is what I remember from the live concert.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media