The Moody Blues

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

The Moody Blues

Postby Brainwashed » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Your thoughts on the Moody Blues? Since Denny Laine was in the band during the early 60's.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: The Moody Blues

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 pm

i liked them but didnt really become a fan till laine was no longer in them. nothing against laine but i was a bit later becoming a fan. early 70s.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:50 pm

it wasn't til denny left the band...that they became who they were. they found their identity after he left.

but really, i haven't thought about them since tuesday afternoon. so, i'm going to go now. bet you didn't see that coming, even in your wildest dreams.

was that as lame as i fear it is? come on, i'm a big boy...you can tell me.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:39 pm

i kinda saw it coming but it wasnt too lame. and yeah i agree with what you said about laine. i dont recall the name of the album i got in the early to mid 70s but it was a double album with i think their greatest hits on it and it really got me into them. i saw them in concert a few times but then lost it when they started playing with local orchestras.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Scott Dossett » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 am

I've seen The Moodys 8 times and they are just fantastic live...There's plenty of DVD's also. If you like them with a full orchestra, try The Moody Blues Live at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra (Ray Thomas was still with the band before his retirement) or you can go more current with The Moody Blues Live at The Greek Theater in Los Angeles with their new Flautist Norda Mullen from Starkville, Mississippi...Both DVD's are great.

Also, the Moodys are not in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame...Seriously, how is this possible considering some of the criteria they use to let some acts in...Like inovative, great music, career had to start over 25 years before consideration, etc. The Moodys (along with Jethro Tull) should be in the Rock Hall...PERIOD !

p.s. They've closed their shows with Ride My See Saw since 1978...and that song absolutely ROCKS...their harmonies are also note perfect :-BD
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions