A dream duo tour.

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

A dream duo tour.

Postby Derek70 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 am

Another musician i admired as long as the Beatles was, like Tori, a singer/songwrinter piano rocker male (a queer, but male nontheless). I only listen to his 70's stuff, the earlier, the better. (Tumbleweed Connection,Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, etc) One thing i wish he'd do is stop touring with Joel and tour with Tori. Musicly he has alot more in commen with her than Joel. Just imagine: The Elton & Tori Tour. Id pay anything to see that!

PS: Or would it be called The "If Only He Was Straight" Tour?
Derek70

Re: A dream duo tour.

Postby chris » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:21 pm

one's sexual orientation has zero, nada, zip nothing to do with whether or not someone is worthy of seeing in concert. if you like their music, you should consider seeing them in concert. period. if only he was straight...what? then you would have him over for tea and crumpets?

and billy joel and elton are very much alike. when billy joel released his first couple of albums...he was referred to as the american elton john. so that matchup is completely natural. would a tour with tori be great? maybe. but there is a reason elton and billy have been touring together. it is successful matchup. it works. if it didn't, they would have stopped doing it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Derek, now I know you're a bigot, I won't be wasting my time reading any of your posts again.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 pm

ditto what james said :-@
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 am

....reads one word, shakes head in dismay....bigot or stupid, fer shur...

...toris' okay....elton has become a little too vegas for me...boring

just saw a clip off utoob of mr mac & neil young...

NOW THAT would be a duo tour worth catching: ole neil might get ole maccy to loosen up quite a bit, donthcha think ?
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:25 pm

yeah man neil and paul would be pretty cool
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm

I've always wondered why Macca and Elton never recorded together. Could have been special.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Honestly, I would never want to see Paul tour with another artist I liked because no matter how good that other artist was I would never be able to appreciate them knowing Paul was coming on next. I've seen a couple of these double headliner tours and it always happens, one band no matter how good always pales in comparison.

For example, I saw Cheap Trick open for Aerosmith a few years back. Now these are two of my all time fave "live" acts (not necessarily recording) and as much as I love Cheap Trick and as great as they were, Aerosmith completely blew them away. And for a while my perception of them as a live act had changed. I didn't like the way it made me feel about one of my favorite live bands. Another example I saw Tori about 8 years ago with Ben Folds. Never heard of Ben Folds, but he upstaged her in every way. Again, didn't like it.

And as for recording together, I have no desire to hear Paul do any duets again. A collaboration is okay, but it needs to be Paul front and center a la Fireman.

Wait, changed my mind I think a Paul/ Davy Jones concert would be awesome! :lol:
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:51 pm

bonovox66 wrote:Wait, changed my mind I think a Paul/ Davy Jones concert would be awesome! :lol:

i was thinking paul and leon redbone, but yours is good too :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 pm

when i see paul it just HAS to be him and him alone. nobody and i do mean nobody could ever really hold their own with him. i figure i have seen a thousand concerts in my day but he is really special in my mind as you can tell by some of my previous posts. i mean i have seen some shows that were maybe as good but when i come away from a paulie concert it stays with me forever. i am sure many of you understand completely. \M/
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists