The Beatles remasters albums?

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: The Beatles remasters albums?

Postby amazedbypaul » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Smashing! I ordered the mono box set and the Abbey Road stereo remaster yesterday from Amazon. Can't wait.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:15 am

Beatle Bob wrote:I tell you, I'm just overwhelmed with the everything done to these Beatles albums. The mono box has wonderful packaging, with the CDs in cardboard sleeves with a plastic over wrap (resealable like a Dr. Ebbetts release) and they are easy to remove from the sleeves. Comes with a 40+page booklet. The stereo discs are in beautiful digipacks with glossy booklets with new liner notes, session info, etc. Classy presentation all around.

The audio is what makes these remasters the talk of the town though. The mono discs are crisp, full of snap and punch. There are times things like a cowbell jumps out at you unexpectedly from a mono recording. Case in point: MONO MASTERS disc #1, "I Call Your Name". Whoa. How'd they do that? SGT. PEPPER'S rocks harder. The WHITE ALBUM same thing. Stereo PAST MASTERS - just listen to the opening part of "Thank You Girl" with the hard strumming guitars and pounding drums by Ringo. It will knock you out of your seat. Crank up "Paperback Writer" and you are enwrapped in a rock and roll song that gains power like never before. Guitar jabs on "I Me Mine" from LET IT BE pierce your ear drums. They want to bleed. ABBEY ROAD...the drums. Ringo's drums benefit as well as Paul's bass. My speakers never heard such bass frequencies before. It rattles and I have to turn the bass down! The moog synthesizer isn't muddy. The anvil on "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" feels like a lightning bolt to the brain. I've never heard bongos on "A Hard Day's Night" until I spun the stereo remaster.

This clarity and new found power to these recordings is remarkable. A hazy layer that always masked these recordings are now gone. It's almost like hearing new mixes...but they're not! They sound like a revitalized band thanks to the wonderful and superb job done by the mastering team. Right now, I'm redescovering them, hearing new anomolies, and detail with such definition that I never expected to hear. I'm now in Abbey Road's Studio 2!

Regards,
Beatle Bob
:)

I am with you all the way & then some!! The absolute biggest & best Beatles related work/event since the whole Anthology series works.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby EddieV » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:55 am

2.5 million people can´t wrong. Awesome
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter