Noel Gallagher leaves Oasis

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Noel Gallagher leaves Oasis

Postby EddieV » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:48 am

Just read it. The two brothers apparently had a fight which ended up with Noel left the band!

Loss or not. It is a sad
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Noel Gallagher leaves Oasis

Postby james1985 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:34 am

Maybe he'll make some interesting music for the first time since 1994 now he's on his own.... :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:52 am

james1985 wrote:Maybe he'll make some interesting music for the first time since 1994 now he's on his own.... :-D

The 2 first album were great, but after that....
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:01 pm

This is the saddest day in music history :cry: ..... sorry ,couldn't say that with a straight face
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:49 pm

i liked oasis just fine. although i only own one album of theirs. (what's the story) morning glory.

as long as they stop comparing themselves to the beatles...they are a-okay in my book. enough of that tomfoolery.

and one of the gallagher brothers quits the band every other week, don't they?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 pm

i know nothing about them but if they compare themselves to the beatles maybe its time i check them out!
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Definitely Maybe, their firs record, is the only one that's truly essential. And it's an absolute riot. But they're one of those bands who only have the magic when they're young and trying to make it. As soon as they did, it was gone. Some bands are just like that, they can't continue to be interesting after the first burst
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm

james1985 wrote:Some bands are just like that, they can't continue to be interesting after the first burst

Very true. Well stated James.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm

It's interesting that for many of the really big/important acts, their first albums aren't that important/good/interesting: Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Bowie, Young, Elton, U2, REM, Radiohead, White Stripes, Nirvana.

Bands with great first albums that were never lived up to: Oasis, Strokes, Vines...

Bands with defining first albums who also went on to consistent greatness: Hendrix (although only three LPs), Led Zep, Smiths...

Add your choices, let the games begin
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:12 pm

james1985 wrote:It's interesting that for many of the really big/important acts, their first albums aren't that important/good/interesting: Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Bowie, Young, Elton, U2, REM, Radiohead, White Stripes, Nirvana.

that can be debateable (because i was a big fan of some of these from day one), but i see your point. in many of the above examples, the first efforts showed only signs of promise/talent of what was to come.

but you are absolutely correct about one thing, if you could turn back time, in no way would you be able to say what the beatles were to be up to for the next 6-8 years after listening to their first album. an album i enjoyed. still do. but pales in comparison to anything from rubber soul or after.

maybe it is a good thing that a band/artist doesn't offer its masterpiece on its first try. keeps people trying...changing...challenging themselves. maybe.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists