PLEASE POST ANY TOUR INFO in MACCA-Concerts & Tours

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: PLEASE POST ANY TOUR INFO in MACCA-Concerts & Tours

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 am

bonovox66 wrote:OK, this is really late. But I've finally uploaded my pics from the DC show. You can view them at the link below. Warning, over 200 photos, but only 30-40 are actually any good. Also, Paul had some weird bug thing on his shirt. I couldn't tell if it was part of the shirt design or he actually squished a bug. I don't know if anyone else has commented on this. After he took his jacket off and made the comment "that's the big wardrobe change for tonight" it was clearly visible, unfortunately I only got a few pics that you could make it out, and even then it was only because I knew what I was looking for. Oh well, enough of my being obsessed with the bug on his shirt.
Here are the pics

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab15 ... 08-1-2009/

I can give you access so you can directly upload all pictures at once to MACCA-Central, then I can make a separate SlideShow for your photos as I did for Bob Gannon.

Let me know.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby bonovox66 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:16 am

Mike wrote:
bonovox66 wrote:OK, this is really late. But I've finally uploaded my pics from the DC show. You can view them at the link below. Warning, over 200 photos, but only 30-40 are actually any good. Also, Paul had some weird bug thing on his shirt. I couldn't tell if it was part of the shirt design or he actually squished a bug. I don't know if anyone else has commented on this. After he took his jacket off and made the comment "that's the big wardrobe change for tonight" it was clearly visible, unfortunately I only got a few pics that you could make it out, and even then it was only because I knew what I was looking for. Oh well, enough of my being obsessed with the bug on his shirt.
Here are the pics

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab15 ... 08-1-2009/

I can give you access so you can directly upload all pictures at once to MACCA-Central, then I can make a separate SlideShow for your photos as I did for Bob Gannon.

Let me know.

That would be great! Let me go through them this weekend and pick out the ones that are actually good.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deebhoy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 am

I've heard from a reliable source Macca is playing Hampden in Glasgow in the summer.

Deebhoy
Deebhoy

Postby Paul777 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 pm

The Tuesday, July 13, 2010 evening desert breeze was warm yet pleasant when Sir Paul McCartney took the stage along with his most endearing and enduring band for their 200th concert. His first time to perform in Utah, Our Paul was greeted by yet another sold out crowd who arose to their feet. Virtually all remained standing for the entire show.

This was my 3rd time to see Paul and, like a fine wine, he just gets better with age. My favorite concert opening is “Magical Mystery Tour” which was the opener for Paul’s 2005 “US” tour, my first show. A far more powerful opener than “Drive My Car, Paul treated the audience with a version of his next best opener, “Venus & Mars/Rock Show,” that segued into “Jet.”

In tow, I brought two banners with me. The first read, “We love (“love” shown with a heart) Paul!” The other read, “Smile away!” a tune from the “Ram” CD. They were the only signs I saw at my end of the stadium, so I showed them around until sun set. My white t-shirt simply read, “Got Paul?” and sported the 1960s caricature of Paul from the Saturday morning cartoon show.

Singing and dancing along with everything that came our way, my night was made early on when, amidst his cavalcade of hits, Paul and band did a rollicking rendition of, “I’ve Just Seen a Face.” Wow!

A major highlight of which fans need to know is that Paul did something I have never before witnessed. While a good song, “I’ve Got a Feeling,” was never my favorite. My appreciation for the song was rekindled on his 2005 tour when Paul introduced an extended guitar jam at the end. Not a “blistering” end, but a nice addition to the song. This night, the song was unlike any other song I have heard Paul do live, and I own no song by him that can even compare to what we saw. Paul uncorked! He did an explosive extended solo jam at the end that left me in delighted astonishment. After the song came to its thunderous conclusion, I remember saying that I sure would like to have that version of the song, to which several around me expressed agreement. It was an unexpected joy, and I really do hope Our Paul, upon review of concert footage, will find a way to make this song available. It will blow away the mind of the most ardent Paul/Beatles fan.

My seat was near the back, and that is why I verify that, from the song “Something” until the end of the concert, I could hear the audience singing along with every song. While there was singing at the two previous shows I have seen, this audience was uniquely and deeply into it all. This smallest of three audiences I experienced with Sir Paul was, by far, the best.

It must be noted that the official set list for the evening that is posted on www.paulmccartney.com is in error. After Eleanor Rigby and before “Something,” the band played “Ram On.” I do not know why the omission exists. I just know that such is the case.

Great encores, it was fun to see jovial Paul get a piggyback ride from Rusty as they left the stage. Another prime moment was at the end of “Yesterday.” Photos show that 68 year young Paul took a deep, humble, heart-felt bow past his waist, just like when with the Beatles. It was great to see that he still is Our Paul.

At the shows ending, I stayed around to gather some of the paper from the confetti jets. I look at it as Paul giving more of himself to his loving audience even after he has given so much. It was like was a handshake, high 5, a hug, and/or a kiss from the man who we have loved for 45 years if not more.

After the concert, I spoke with a young lady who had been fortunate enough to see Paul from the 5th row. She said that Paul looked as good at the end of the show as he did at the start.

I dare say that Sir Paul McCartney is one of the most loved people on this planet. If the fans have anything to say about it, that love Paul engenders will continue to grow along with him. Since I have said it before, I’ll say it again. “I love you Paul!
Paul777
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours