Washington DC Anyone Going?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Washington DC Anyone Going?

Postby bonovox66 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Any one going to the DC show? I'll be there and hopefully be able to sneak in a camera. I'm not the most technical person, but I'll try and post a few pics when I get back. That is if there are any worth showing or if I can get my new camera working.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Washington DC Anyone Going?

Postby jwag0317 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Im at the DC show next week. Stepped up and bought the "dream" tix...sec 22 row 1. Cant wait, looking at the citi set lists looks like we are in for a great show!!!!
jwag0317

Postby bonovox66 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm in FL2 Row 20 or 21. I can't remember for sure. Are you from the area? Know of any good places to eat? Heard of any fan meet ups?
Only 8 days away \:d/
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Nancy68 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:27 am

Saw him at Citifield 18 July. Definately going to DC which is actually in Maryland. I live in Maryland but have never been to arena and don't know the area around it but may check it out a few days before. I got row 20 not close enough as far as I'm concerned.
The closer the more enjoyable it is. ^:)^
Nancy68

Postby bonovox66 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:36 am

Best seats I ever had was 2nd row side stage, but loved it. I was right next to his piano for the whole show
Can't wait for this show :razz:
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Craigerb » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm flying in from San Francisco on Friday. Mediocre seats but my ears will be there.
"And in the end/The love you take/Is equal to/The love you make."
Craigerb
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bison » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:36 pm

I'll be in "Dream Seat" row 1 sec. 41. My wife is still not sure if she can go but I'll be there! Saw the Philly show last tour and it fulfilled a dream I had had since WOA came out. I don't remember much from that show it was such a blur and an excitement overload rush, gonna make sure I remember this one! My sister saw The Beatles in the early-mid 60's and I have tried to explain to her that the shows Macca puts on are first-rate. The show is not a half hour, the Band is really tight, the sound is good, and the star seems determined to give everyone much more than what they pay for. She still won't go! All I know is I feel a definite sense of gratitude to PM for his willingness to share and celebrate his incredible talent and history. I was also a Brian Wilson devotee back in the day, go to one of his shows and then go to a Macca show. One is taking, one is giving. Paul can still do it and is willing to do it right. We are so lucky!
bison

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:49 pm

i loved your post bison. yeah i feel sorry for your sister she is really missing out. i sat next to brian wilson at a paulie show in 02 and he seemed in awe of what a concert should be. he kept saying i cant believe this! wait i guess it was in 05. memory not so good as i am getting up there in years. anyway have a blast!!!!! i know you will :-BD
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bison » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:52 pm

[quote="markfeber@yahoo.com"]i loved your post bison. yeah i feel sorry for your sister she is really missing out. i sat next to brian wilson at a paulie show in 02 and he seemed in awe of what a concert should be. he kept saying i cant believe this! wait i guess it was in 05. memory not so good as i am getting up there in years. anyway have a blast!!!!! i know you will :-BD[/quote]
Thanks very much. That must have been something enjoying a Macca show with Brian Wilson! Did you feel any kind of odd polarity or magnetic force? A black hole of ridiculous talent and love of great pop music? :ymapplause: Anyway, I don't know who or if anybody's coming with me this time but I'm determined to try to remember every note. I took my then-18-year old son last time, that was cool. He appreciated the history as much as he could and the opportunity, but it was "like" and "respect", not "LOVE", or the soundtrack of his life, like it probably is with so many of us. A memory for us both to treasure, though, for sure!
bison

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:26 pm

well i was hardly with him but he was close and yes it is really the soundtrack to my life. i saw brian with paul simon several years back and it was so obvious he was lip synching. sure hope paulie never resorts to that :roll:
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours