McCartney Live On Rooftop At Letterman NYC

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney Live On Rooftop At Letterman NYC

Postby linclink » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Yeah he played on the rooftop!
From CBS...22 minutes of the show (the songs that weren't broadcast on Letterman)...
http://www.cbs.com/late_show/video/mccartney.php
Coming Up, Band On The Run, Let Me Roll It, Helter Skelter, Back In The U.S.S.R.
The two songs he did that got broadcast on Letterman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqI2vG7axvE
That's Get Back & Sing The Changes
Letterman Interview Part I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabpyc2lC8w
Letterman Interview Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-S0SoP9GI
Here's the interview on CBS official youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNHD7lDX2U
Here's two from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbi ... oncert.cnn
Go on youtube & search "Paul McCartney Letterman" & you can see a whole bunch of them...
Get Back, Back In The U.S.S.R., Helter Skelter, Band On The Run...no Sing The Changes...yet....
Blessings!!
Last edited by linclink on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: McCartney Live On Rooftop At Letterman NYC

Postby ScottyB » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:05 am

What an incredible experience! Here's my review: http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/review-mccartney-ed-sullivan-theatre/

Setlist: Get Back, Sing The Changes, Coming Up, Band On The Run, Let Me Roll It > Foxy Lady Jam, Helter Skelter, Back In The USSR
ScottyB

Postby linclink » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 am

I don't have a TV right now (though a friend is taping it for me) so my great hope is that the two songs he "did" on Letterman were "Get Back" & "Sing The Changes" & that that's why what's on the CBS website is the rest of that show. That would be great. Anyone see Letterman? What did they broadcast there? Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:59 am

linclink wrote:I don't have a TV right now (though a friend is taping it for me) so my great hope is that the two songs he "did" on Letterman were "Get Back" & "Sing The Changes" & that that's why what's on the CBS website is the rest of that show. That would be great. Anyone see Letterman? What did they broadcast there? Blessings!!

Yeah he did those two. Both were great (though two quibbles: can't he stop the "do you wanna get back x2 i wanna get back" part, and 2, the instrumentals in sing the changes are too vacant and lengthy).

Going to the show Tuesday. Oh and good news: sold my tix for Friday's show. Losing 140 bucks, but they are sold. Oh well.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 am

I´ve been away for one week and all this has happened?? Nice to be back and see Macca active!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:45 am

little lamb dragonfly wrote:
linclink wrote:I don't have a TV right now (though a friend is taping it for me) so my great hope is that the two songs he "did" on Letterman were "Get Back" & "Sing The Changes" & that that's why what's on the CBS website is the rest of that show. That would be great. Anyone see Letterman? What did they broadcast there? Blessings!!

Yeah he did those two. Both were great (though two quibbles: can't he stop the "do you wanna get back x2 i wanna get back" part, and 2, the instrumentals in sing the changes are too vacant and lengthy).

Going to the show Tuesday. Oh and good news: sold my tix for Friday's show. Losing 140 bucks, but they are sold. Oh well.

I've seen video of Get Back, but I'll be thrilled to see a better quality live Sing The Changes...anything I've seen posted of that one has been great. Really looking forward to seeing it in Boston. Glad to hear you got rid of your tickets!!! I've got 6 extra for Boston to unload ASAP!!! Wanna go to that one cheap? If you've got any funds after NYC you're welcome to them at cost!
I'd have gone to NYC & bought your tickets but I already had commitments for this weekend...oh well. I still pray he comes to Toronto again someday (it's closest to where I am- Finger Lakes area of NY)...Blessings!!
If NYC is great, get ahold of me if you get the bug to go see him again...Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 am

Doesn´t he look great for a 67 year old man?? ^:)^
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am

Wasn't that AWESOME! Macca sounds GREAT. He looks great---relaxed and happy. The rest of the guys look happy. So much fun to see them again.

And, how cool to see them play in natural daylight. That was a refreshing change. I loved it.

These upcoming concerts are going to be so much fun. I wish I could go to every one of 'em....but so far, none are near me and I can't afford to make a trip. I still have hope that he'll add a city near me.

Dang. It's so good to see him perform again. It's clear he still loves doing it.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 pm

IT WAS GREAT and yeah he does look good for a old geezer. and dont worry jenny i am sure he will come near you. it sure looks like its turning into a full blown tour
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next