U.S. Tour

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: U.S. Tour

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:57 pm

yeah i heard one last night. bad. but i know his voice was in bad shape at that time
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 am

There are books that claim that Paul watched the show (can´t recall the leg) and a heavily disguised John was in attendance at Madison Square Garden.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby linclink » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 am

EddieV wrote:Thanks for the info link.

Is there a proper recording floating around somewhere?

I´ve hear some awfull recordings from the tour:

Hopefully there will be something official someday...but I think it'll have to be heavily edited to find the best, least vocally impaired performances...beyond that, & for now, I did post a link to a decent little show (well most of the show) that's online...and yes I agree I've heard some really dreadful quality bootlegs myself.
This certainly wasn't as successful, on any level, as the Bangladesh show, which it mimics in style & content, but...it really was (& still is, though less so) a grossly underrated/overlooked/misunderstood, and very misrepresented tour, in pretty much every regard. I hope it gets a second chance for historical reassessment...Below are excerpts from my original post relating to your question...Blessings!!

**"Harrison's widow, Olivia Harrison, who was with him for the duration of the '74 tour, says that although it's still on the backburner, she's planning some type major retrospective around the tour, including a reissue of the Dark Horse album, and a live CD and DVD: 'There's a lot of footage and a lot of history around that 1974 tour. You know George filmed quite a lot, so I think that it needs a little more time to sort that out. Because there's this great footage, you know he filmed backstage, he filmed in lots of cities, so many things happened on that tour, as well as a live album.' "

**Here's a fairly decent quality version of a '74 show from "Wolfgang's Vault".
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/g ... ign=090526
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Previous

Return to GEORGE