With The Beatles (2nd album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

With The Beatles (2nd album)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:40 am

Thoughts? I think that the performances on this album are tighter than on their first effort, but the raw energy of "hey - we're making an album!" isn't there so much. Good stuff, and these songs generally have aged better on average. All My Loving, what a tune . . . and the covers are out of this world, well, apart from Devil In Her Heart, but still, Paul's bass on that rocks! My fave cover has to be "Till There Was You". Mmm . . . [8D]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dsnito » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:02 pm

Good b&w cover, good songs, it's a cool album. But I reckon that's not one of their best. I think until '64 with the single "I Feel Fine" and "Rubber Soul" after in '65 they were on maturing process
wether as musicians, singers or songwriters. The album highlights are to me: "All My Loving", "Little Child", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "Money" and "It Won't Be Long".

Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:25 pm

What an album! Songs like It Won't Be Long, All My Loving, 'Til There Was You....as Liam said, Mmmmmmm....
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby megs » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:33 pm

its alright, its actually my least favorite beatles album sorry, dudes[:I]
User avatar
megs
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:28 am
Location: USA...near Boston

Postby Aujouret » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:49 pm

Oh Yeah, All My Loving.
Cried like a baby when I saw Paul sing that one in May.
That song is so special, so beautiful.
And then while I'm away I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my loving to you.
And All I've Got to Do. That Lennon melts me right down to ground with that sexy voice.
And Roll Over Beethoven. Dear George.
As long as she's got a dime, the music will never stop.
My little jailbird, CB, wrote my life story right there.
The double tracked strong vocal in Not A Second Time.
What can you say- another brilliant album. Of course, here in America, we got the butchered Meet the Beatles. I am so glad those days are gone. Capital wouldn't dare nowadays. [:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:09 am
Location: USA

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:28 pm

Right on, AUJ. They stopped that crap, briefly, when pepper came out, beacuse they really didnt have a choice. The lyrics were printed on the back, and it was a concept album. Then they went and turned the EP MMT into a full fledged album by adding the 3 singles from 1967. Scamps!!!
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:56 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Right on, AUJ. They stopped that crap, briefly, when pepper came out, beacuse they really didnt have a choice. The lyrics were printed on the back, and it was a concept album. Then they went and turned the EP MMT into a full fledged album by adding the 3 singles from 1967. Scamps!!!


Well the MMT album has become accepted as standard, so . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:01 am

I have to say, I'm glad it's a full length album. One of my faves.
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:03 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
I have to say, I'm glad it's a full length album. One of my faves.


Aside from the fact that all the best songs are on the Blue Album, it is truly amazing!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dsnito » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:54 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Good b&w cover, good songs, it's a cool album. But I reckon that's not one of their best. I think until '64 with the single "I Feel Fine" and "Rubber Soul" after in '65 they were on maturing process wether as musicians, singers or songwriters. The album highlights are to me: "All My Loving", "Little Child", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "Money" and "It Won't Be Long".

Peace.


Hmm, gotta add "Rollover Beethoven","Not A Second Time" and "Till There Was You" to the album highlights...

Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron