Vertical Man

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Vertical Man

Postby Brains » Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:09 am

The only studio album I've got by Ringo (I also have an All Starr live album). Paul plays bass and does some backing vocals on three or four of the songs, and George plays slide guitar somewhere too. Never all three together though.

La De Da was the main single, it's a typical Ringo singalong song, w/ Paul on backing vocals, along with Alanis Morissette and Steven Tyler. Not a great song, but fun.
He even covered Love Me Do, because he George Martin didn't want him to do the drumming on the original. Sounds pretty good.

I don't have any other albums by Ringo, so I can't compare them. Is it better or worse than his regular solo work?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:16 pm

Brains, mm...man, you know what?? I think "RINGO" is the only one album that made him stands out on music showbiz. He never did an album like that anymore, and never will. Whatever he does invite famous guests as on "Vertical Man", as he ever did in others, "Ringo" is unique in his career... there was a kind of "Beatle-esque" magic on that album. That's why "Ringo" reached the top of the charts when released, and the same to its singles.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:25 pm

It's curious about "VM" that Ozzy Osbourne sang on the backing vocal on the title song... I couldn't recognize well his voice on the song even listening to it repeatedly.
"Love Me Do" version I think is funny...never thought that Steven Tyler could colaborate in any Ringo's(or even any Beatle's)song, as well as Ozzy also.
I like the cover art work with Ringo's figure took by the Abbey Road album.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ayatollah (booted) » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:17 pm

Ringo kicks ass!
Ayatollah (booted)

Return to RINGO