What Paul albums would you like to see performed?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:07 am

Oh mna...what about the songs about Linda on there? Give it a proper listen, and do the same with Pie.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:11 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Oh mna...what about the songs about Linda on there? Give it a proper listen, and do the same with Pie.

I do plan on it - although I'm a bit snowed under with this Beatles project - I want to avoid listening to the solo stuff as well while I'm doing it, if I can. It's not essential, but it's preferable. And I've got that Stones compilation to listen to as well, first . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:43 am

I mentioned back to the egg before. I would like to hear FP in an accoustic type vh1 storytellers session as well.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:14 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
I mentioned back to the egg before. I would like to hear FP in an accoustic type vh1 storytellers session as well.

That would go down a treat - as the album is nearly acoustic anyway - or what isn't easily could be . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:26 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
I do plan on it - although I'm a bit snowed under with this Beatles project - I want to avoid listening to the solo stuff as well while I'm doing it, if I can. It's not essential, but it's preferable. And I've got that Stones compilation to listen to as well, first . . .
Liam---this ain't rocket science, man...it's supposed to be fun, and it's not a job. Have fun...live long and don't forget to prosper. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:32 am

I know, but I'd rather avoid listening to later songs penned by these guys while I'm listening to the Beatles stuff - it is meant to be fun, of course, but I want to keep the conditions of the Lennon & McCartney-penned songs under strict control. Listening to all The Beatles stuff in order means exactly that.

Of course, the project's been put on hold for a while with all the new stuff - which I haven't yet found time for, so I'm a little snowed under!
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:29 am

quote:but I want to keep the conditions of the Lennon & McCartney-penned songs under strict control. Listening to all The Beatles stuff in order means exactly that.

[V] Liam! Like Steve said, this ain't rocket science, man! Loosen up, friend! It shouldn't seem like a chore. It's rock 'n roll, man! Put on an album and let yourself go!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:24 pm

Liam--Man--treat yourself right. Dim the lights....slip into something more comfortable...recline, if possible...position yourself to catch the best of the sterophonic effects....close your eyes..then pleasure thyself by enjoying the sweet sounds of whatever your heart desires...even ABBA. But have fun and loosen, up dude!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:46 am

Hi,

I thought I would "revive" this post by putting in my vote for of an album I'd like Paul to perform. Not the whole album, but some selections from FLOWERS IN THE DIRT would be cool, like, FIGURE OF EIGHT, MY BRAVE FACE, and ROUGH RIDE. Can you guys just hear Abe banging away on ROUGH RIDE??? And even tho' it's got a disco beat, OU EST LE SOLEIL would rock as well.

Of course, some of the songs are, well, sort of prophetic and difficult to listen to now that Linda is gone. Actually. My Brave Face is one of them. The others are, DON'T BE CARELESS LOVE and THAT DAY IS DONE.

I was listening to the CD at work one day and got all choked up listening to those.

Maybe next time....[;)]
MACCAFAN2K

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:15 am

There's a few on Pie that are probably like that, too . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions