Movies About The Beatles But Not Staring Them

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movies About The Beatles But Not Staring Them

Postby bonovox66 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah, I love the soundtrack for that movie. On the dvd extras there is a quote from Ringo (or at least they say it was from Ringo) that the band in the movie "sounded just like the raw punk band the beatles were in those days".

The guy singing John's part is actually one of my favorite musicians- Greg Dulli. He has a really great band called The Twilight Singers now and use to be in the Afghan Whigs. If you're a fan of the 90's rock scene, these guys were the best.

Also, on the dvd extras is another "quote" from Cynthia I always found interesting. When asked why she brought Julian to the premiere her response was "so he could meet his father".

Been in a Beatle documentary mood. Last night watched Best of The Beatles for the first time and just a few minutes ago finished The Beatles and the Hamburg Sound. Some really interesting stuff on these two.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm

bonovox66 wrote:... watched Best of The Beatles for the first time and just a few minutes ago finished The Beatles and the Hamburg Sound...

embarrassed to say i haven't heard of either. i will have to get on that.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:03 am

Best of the Beatles is a documentary about Pete Best. There is a lot of interviews w/ Astrid, which is really nice. The rest of it is a little self serving but very interesting.

The Hamburg one is a little drawn out but well worth it.

Even though you can tell the people in the documentaries have some hard feelings, it is interesting to get a different perspective on the history of the time.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm

I know it's been a while, but I also haven't been here for a while...so, I just think all these movies were based on nothing but rumors and chlichees, so I don't think much of them. The worst one of all, to me, was the Linda McCartney Story - I mean, It features Paul and Linda as the most pitiful creatures I've ever seen. Yes, I remember too well the scene of John and the brick - what annoyed me the most was that Paul was standing in the side staring, instead of storming out and throwing it back at John's car! I'd love to believe it didn't really happen - at least, not exactly that way, but if it did, I just don't understand why Paul and Linda didn't sue him for vandalism! there were two small children in this house, for god's sake! There is this other scene where Paul and Linda are planning a nice romantic evening, and John bursts into their house like a maniac and starts screaming (scaring their two children!), and insted of throwing him out they just stand aside and stare... it drives me nuts, I mean - John arrives to their house and starts yelling and beating violently at the door and Linda actually lets him in - I would have locked the door and tell him to get the hell out of here before I call the police! I'm not saying anything about John, mind you! The movie portrays him that way, not me! Personally, again, I'd LOVE to believe that he wasn't like that!

Now that I think about it there was one movie I did like and that was "Two of Us" - fictional, but kind of persuasive...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to Movies & TV