Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I say lets start a "Censorship" of.......jjs................... :shock:
User avatar
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 pm

jjs wrote:
RickStark79 wrote:
alfreden wrote:I was hoping not to have to reply to this thread--that the groundswell of support would proceed by its own momentum. Someday, maybe. But starting with l...k's thoughtful but misguided post, things deteriorated.
Mike, I was not looking to be catered to, but hoping for consensus. Our standards should be superior to those of rap.
"We're all doin' what we can"


Ah, it's not about standards sir, it's about censorship. And by the way, not all rap uses that word. So to attach that term to a whole genre is severely misguided.

And I'm curious, if a movie uses that word in it, do you contact movies theatres to have them not show the movie?


Are you afraid to say n igger? You're censoring yourself!


No, it's just a stupid word and I choose not to say it. That's my choice. Just like it's my choice to ignore your moronic posts, which is what I usually do.
Image
No one understaaaaands...
User avatar
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:10 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby jgkojak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 pm

There was a movement in the rap community to, everytime one was to say the N word, to say "President" instead, which I thought was cool.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
User avatar
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 am
Location: Olathe, KS

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby jjs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm

alfreden wrote: No, it's just a stupid word and I choose not to say it. That's my choice. Just like it's my choice to ignore your moronic posts, which is what I usually do.



Do me a favor and ignore this one too.
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby linclink » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 pm

JumpinJoe49 wrote:I say lets start a "Censorship" of.......jjs................... :shock:

You know in all of the places I've posted over the last few years JJS is the one person who I've actually had to say...no thanks I'd rather not converse with you" to. The thing IS, I suspect, that folks like him just love to come here & see if they've stirred someone up. I've certainly read enough responses where people are unhappy with his behavior here. Maybe it's subconscious, maybe not- then it is even more sad. The main thing is that he is what, and who, he is, and that dosen't seem like a very happy or inviting place...so take a pause & imagine the sort of energy & people he attracts to his life (if any)...now THAT deserves compassion. And I am serious about this. He really deserves compassion first & foremost.
However...some folks here get along fine with him, and bravo for that. I'm sure he can use that. If you REALLY want to do some good in this regard...I'd suggest doing what I've done...just let him know you don't want anything to do with a dialogue with him, and then just ignore him. There are too many great things in life to waste your time on such matters. I dally here as part of my procrastination issues...and my Beatles obsession of course...but passing along a little advice on how to handle such ilk is about the end of the time I'd like to spend with such things. So the best you can do is, IMHO, is simply let him know you don't find his behavior something you'd like to engage with & then ignore him. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:05 pm
Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby chris » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

JumpinJoe49 wrote:I say lets start a "Censorship" of.......jjs................... :shock:


i think we should start a collection of funds. maybe get him a hobby...or a girlfriend.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

jjs wrote:
alfreden wrote: No, it's just a stupid word and I choose not to say it. That's my choice. Just like it's my choice to ignore your moronic posts, which is what I usually do.



Do me a favor and ignore this one too.
.....Consider it done.....BYE :ymparty:
User avatar
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:33 am

chris wrote:
JumpinJoe49 wrote:I say lets start a "Censorship" of.......jjs................... :shock:


i think we should start a collection of funds. maybe get him a hobby...or a girlfriend.


jjs does have a girlfriend.....It's his RIGHT HAND............ :shock:
User avatar
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby LouisM » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:56 am

I find John Lennon's "Woman is the..." to be offensive. I advocate banishing it from Macca Radio. Those who wish to listen to it can purchase their own copy. If it is not banished, the time of its playing should be announced in advance, so listeners can avoid it. There is no reason for playing this among the best music in the world. Who's with me?


And we thought just the right-wingers had a problem with free speech. Just a knee jerk reaction to a word, albeit a horrid one. Pure21 century revisionist thinking, no understanding of why and when the song was written or in what context. Just ban it because he finds it offensive.
LouisM
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:20 am

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby jjs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 pm

linclink wrote:
JumpinJoe49 wrote:I say lets start a "Censorship" of.......jjs................... :shock:

You know in all of the places I've posted over the last few years JJS is the one person who I've actually had to say...no thanks I'd rather not converse with you" to. The thing IS, I suspect, that folks like him just love to come here & see if they've stirred someone up. I've certainly read enough responses where people are unhappy with his behavior here. Maybe it's subconscious, maybe not- then it is even more sad. The main thing is that he is what, and who, he is, and that dosen't seem like a very happy or inviting place...so take a pause & imagine the sort of energy & people he attracts to his life (if any)...now THAT deserves compassion. And I am serious about this. He really deserves compassion first & foremost.
However...some folks here get along fine with him, and bravo for that. I'm sure he can use that. If you REALLY want to do some good in this regard...I'd suggest doing what I've done...just let him know you don't want anything to do with a dialogue with him, and then just ignore him. There are too many great things in life to waste your time on such matters. I dally here as part of my procrastination issues...and my Beatles obsession of course...but passing along a little advice on how to handle such ilk is about the end of the time I'd like to spend with such things. So the best you can do is, IMHO, is simply let him know you don't find his behavior something you'd like to engage with & then ignore him. Blessings!!


Sure. It's an inviting place. It's an inviting place as long as one limits oneself to never-ending McCartney knob-polishing and ass-kissing, and as long as one doesn't stray too far from safe, mind-numbing forum topics such as "What's your favorite Wings Album." Then it's wonderful. Try entering into a conversation about your ideas why Paul has spent the majority of his career as a punching bag for many critics, his former writing partner, and many Beatles fans.

I'll tell you this: Several years ago, I happened to find an online Beatles chat. It was one of my first experience with online chat rooms. A woman in the chat continuously asserted that George Harrison "sold more albums" than Paul McCartney. "That's not true" I said. "Paul sold more albums in the 70's than all the rest of the solo Beatles combined." She insisted I was making it up, and continued to vehemently assert that George Harrison sold more albums than Paul McCartney, and any other ex-Beatle. After a few hours of this maccafan-line nonsense, I emailed her chart positions and sales figures and such, and a web link where she could verify the information. She was away for a few minutes. She came back, called me a few choice names, then a few more choice names, and then signed off. I wondered how could anyone, who claimed to be a Beatles fan could be so horribly uninformed. The fact is, she wasn't uninformed or misinformed... she wasn't interested in the facts, or forming opinions based in facts. she loved George, and wanted to gush about his accomplishments, and so she saw things exactly the way she wanted to see them. She wasn't particularly happy to have her bubble burst, and called me every name in the book for my trouble. But I suspect she's still out there... telling anyone who will listen how George Harrison sold more albums than Paul McCartney.

I will never enable, placate, celebrate, tolerate or back down from stupid people like this woman, even though they are in abundance. If you don't like my opinions, challenge them intelligently. If I've recalled a fact incorrectly, let me know. That's why I'm here. If you can't do either, please DO ignore me, because it means that you "think" like that stupid, gushing irrational woman, and you're just out to start a shitting contest. I'm all too happy to oblige.
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests