New album by Dylan

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

New album by Dylan

Postby mhnso » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:27 am

28/4 a new atudioalbum by the old master Dylan,together through life is released. Actually nothing, even a new studioalbum by Macca himself don t create the exitement I feel about a new Dylan album
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: New album by Dylan

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:05 am

It comes in a deluxe editions too,
which contains the album+an episode of his Themetime Radio Hour+Roy Silver DVD(no idea what this is).

It sounds good to my ears.
Having heard it through once, I'll put it in the same league as Street Legal, which I like a lot.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:46 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:Roy Silver DVD(no idea what this is).

Interview maybe?

Good to see you back, Laz :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:32 am

Together through life is Dylans fourth great album in a row Time out of mind, Love and theft, Modern Times and now TTL. This new one has a very laidback easygoin feel and overall much simpler lyrics(mostly cowritten with Grateful dead lyricist Rober Hunter). Some of the songs are(to my ears stone classics) and none of the tracks are less than good. Some lines are of the highest Dylan calibre for instance
"I m listening to billy joe shaver
Im reading James Joyce
Some people say I got the blood of the land in my voice"
S true so true.
Musically it s a very loose, fifties bluessounding affair with Davis Hidalgos(Los Lobos) accordeon and Mike Campelll(Tom Petty) leadguitar on most of the tracks. Bob s singing is nowadays very rough but highly effective. All in all great stuff - actually I can t see anything coming out(including Macca) beat this one. Classic.retrosounding RnB with texmexflavour and yet totally modern
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC