Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Banish Lennon's "Woman is the..."

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Oh come on! You are kidding, right? It's like if I, as a catholic man, would find offensive Harrison's songs fos Buda, Krishna or whatever. I think you are over-reacting. There is yet an announcement of songs to be played on macca-radio, if you haven´t noticed it, well, it's your problem.

Nothing against you man, it's just my oppinion. Peace and love.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 pm

ok lets see!!! First lets cure some deadly diseases,world hungry,the recession and then maybe turn our energies toward some stupid ***censored*** ***censored*** like a song.Is this world turning into a bunch of ***censored*** assholes!!!!
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Interesting thread. When all other radio stations both terrestrial and internet based, ban all rap songs with nigger in the lyrics, I will consider banning "Woman Is The Nigger of The World". Saying that I am sorry if you do take offense and I do understand your reasoning but, I cannot cater to each individual. I have removed some of Yoko's songs because my speakers kept getting recked up. Don't know if it was because of that screeching noise coming out of them, or that fact that I keep throwing things at them to stop the sound. Thank God the hardware and software manufactures have incorporated a volume control. Now that I learned about a volume control I have saved myself a fortune in replacement speakers :)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jgkojak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 am

I agree with Mike.

First of all... the message of the song is PRO-WOMAN, it is stating what is a pretty solid concept that racism is unique to particular areas/cultures, but that women are suppressed/put down everywhere. That's a striking, very effective message.

As far as people at work... I think I'd be more worried about them being annoyed by Morse Moose. \:d/
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 pm

alfreden wrote:I was hoping not to have to reply to this thread--that the groundswell of support would proceed by its own momentum. Someday, maybe. But starting with l...k's thoughtful but misguided post, things deteriorated.
Mike, I was not looking to be catered to, but hoping for consensus. Our standards should be superior to those of rap.
"We're all doin' what we can"

Ah, it's not about standards sir, it's about censorship. And by the way, not all rap uses that word. So to attach that term to a whole genre is severely misguided.

And I'm curious, if a movie uses that word in it, do you contact movies theatres to have them not show the movie?
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jjs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm

RickStark79 wrote:
alfreden wrote:I was hoping not to have to reply to this thread--that the groundswell of support would proceed by its own momentum. Someday, maybe. But starting with l...k's thoughtful but misguided post, things deteriorated.
Mike, I was not looking to be catered to, but hoping for consensus. Our standards should be superior to those of rap.
"We're all doin' what we can"

Ah, it's not about standards sir, it's about censorship. And by the way, not all rap uses that word. So to attach that term to a whole genre is severely misguided.

And I'm curious, if a movie uses that word in it, do you contact movies theatres to have them not show the movie?

Are you afraid to say n igger? You're censoring yourself!
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:14 pm

alfreden wrote: Our standards should be superior to those of rap.

What, because a Beatles fan is better than all those terrible black people who make rap records? Jesus :roll:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

james1985 wrote:What, because a Beatles fan is better than all those terrible black people who make rap records? Jesus :roll:

nicely done, sir ^:)^
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements