NYC Trip

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

NYC Trip

Postby james1985 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

I've just come back from a little trip to New York, so I stopped by the Dakota and SF.

The Dakota is first of all a stunning building, simply breathtaking.

Walking the pavement outside was very eerie, obviously very emotional too. But I didn't want to dwell too long and take pictures, just paid my respects to JL and went to Strawberry Fields.

...which was very pleasant, although one of those kids a-capella groups did a cringe-worthy Beatles medley. But the guy who looks after the place was laying flowers, and it seemed a nice peaceful place to go and have a think.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: NYC Trip

Postby chris » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 pm

my daughter just came back from new york. she was there on a school trip. she visited those same locations, james, and she had the very same impressions.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Re: NYC Trip

Postby linclink » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:03 pm

I lived in NYC from late Summer '94- early Summer '00, & one of the last places I lived was on 125th St. right across form the Central Park gardens on the sorta middle area/ towards the west a hair...gorgeous...I often used to walk all the way down to Strawberry Fields & do prayers & rituals- had some incredible experiences there- great synchronicities, etc.- stuff with John's Spirit, really moving...& then I'd hike back home...just beautiful. It is a truly Magical place. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to JOHN