A day in the life

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

A day in the life

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:15 am

So, everyone knows John wrote the beginning and the end of a Day In the Life and Paul wrote the middle bit. But who wrote the 24 measure instrumental section of the song AFTER Paul's middle part? The part that has the chords E C G D A E and so on. Was it Paul? John? George Martin? Anyone know?
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: A day in the life

Postby EddieV » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:53 am

That is a good question little lamb dragonfly.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 am

little lamb dragonfly wrote:So, everyone knows John wrote the beginning and the end of a Day In the Life and Paul wrote the middle bit. But who wrote the 24 measure instrumental section of the song AFTER Paul's middle part? The part that has the chords E C G D A E and so on. Was it Paul? John? George Martin? Anyone know?

Great question...the real body of the song is John's, with Paul the bridge, but this is a segue betwixt them...my bet is that is was Lennon with Martin & McCartney contributing to the arrangement & maybe some of the production dynamics, but it could have been Paul as well. Great question...Blessings!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks guys. I've been wondering for a while, and as much as I have searched online, I've been unable to find the answer, not even from the "Beatle Bible" guy.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Not sure but if I had a choice I would say Geroge Martin? And did everyone know that when The Beatles where recording the song Mick Jagger ,Keith Richards, Donovan, Marianne Faithful, Pattie Boyd & Michael Nesmith where there to watch the recording of the song ? :-BD PF COOL
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:47 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:Thanks guys. I've been wondering for a while, and as much as I have searched online, I've been unable to find the answer, not even from the "Beatle Bible" guy.
hey lld you a CRUNCH fan?
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Mark Rink wrote:
little lamb dragonfly wrote:Thanks guys. I've been wondering for a while, and as much as I have searched online, I've been unable to find the answer, not even from the "Beatle Bible" guy.

haha. No, honestly, not a big hockey fan. At first, I thought maybe "Crunch" was some song or musical group I hadn't heard of :lol:
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mclarke825 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:10 am

little lamb dragonfly wrote:
Mark Rink wrote:

haha. No, honestly, not a big hockey fan. At first, I thought maybe "Crunch" was some song or musical group I hadn't heard of :lol:

I thought he was talking about cereal!!

:lol:
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 am

So really.... no one knows the answer to the question posed at the top of this thread? Someone must know!
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby L Dozier » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

I remember hearing a radio show many years ago (25 or so) that quoted John as saying that melody was something Paul had "laying around," so if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say it was Paul's.

It's interesting to note that Joe South's "Hush", covered by Deep Purple, has the same melody, taken at a faster tempo.
L Dozier

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle