Simon & Garfunkel Surprise Reunion

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Simon & Garfunkel Surprise Reunion

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 am

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Re: Simon & Garfunkel Surprise Reunion

Postby chris » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 pm

you know...i've always liked the harmonizing with these two. they did some fine songs together. and while i believe paul simon was to write his best stuff after these two split...i have to ask a question. did art garfunkel have the easiest job in the history of popular music? did he get a free ride on paul simon's talent?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 pm

i always thought so but others tell me no way. and i agree simons best stuff came later
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby linclink » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel are probably my next favorite artist/artists after The Beatles.
As far as his/their best works...I'd go, in no particular order with S & G albums listed first, followed by Simon solo albums.

Tier I: Bridge Over Troubled Water; Bookends; Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme/ Graceland; Rhythm Of The Saints; Hearts & Bones; Surprise
Tier II: Sounds Of Silence/ Paul Simon; There Goes Rhymin'' Simon; Still Crazy After All These Years
Tier III: One Trick Pony; You're The One; ***The Paul Simon Songbook (early S & G era solo album)
Tier IV: Songs From The Capeman
Tier V: Wednesday Morning 3 a.m.
I really dig the "Angel Clare" by Garfunkel. "Watermark" is pretty good too, and "Breakaway" isn't bad either. I'm curious to hear his latest album of all standards sometime too.
As far as live albums go...S & G- "The Concert In Central Park" & "Live 1969" are both top shelf as are Paul Simon's "The Concert In The Park" & "Live Rhymin'"!!
Blessings
Last edited by linclink on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby mclarke825 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 am

I wouldn't say Artie has the easiest job. He puts a lot into his singing, and while Paul may have written better songs later, Artie's voice always makes his stuff sound better. Even the solo songs that he added his voice to in the Central Park concert. His contribution was invaluable, but he was always underrated and always in Paul's shadow. Putting up with Simon's ego can't have been easy. (Simon admits it, too!)
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Return to MACCA In-The-Media