I need to share this. Desturbing

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

I need to share this. Desturbing

Postby DeRick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I just saw a very desturbing movie called "Chapter 27" about Mark David Chapman and it was..i can't explain, although it wasn't entirely accurate because it showed, right after he shot Lennon a pulled out his "Catcher in The Rye" book and started reading, but in real life the gun was stille dangiling from his hand and the doorman knocked it out of his hand.
The movie scared me for personal reasons, i'm not at liberty to explain, but for some reason i developed an enquiring mind.
You heard of that old impulse where you pass by a wreck, you just have to find out more. Unfortanatly i had that impulse and i went on YouTube....I REALLY, REALLY WISH I HADN'T!! Some insensitive a$$hole, posted a video of "(Just Like) Starting Over", with 2 pics alternating: 1)That infamous shout of John signing Chapman's autograph, 2) John's autopsy pic from just a few hours later.
It's bad enough having to share a birthday with Chapman, but thos obsessive insecurites they showed him to have reminded me of myself, how i used to be.
That's why i just don't get it. I'm 38, never had a wife or a girlfriend, no woman wanted me, still live at home with my mom, bee diagnosed as having a mild form of autism called "aspergers", does it depress me, yes, but i get used to it. You don't see me blaming Paul McCartney. Seeing someone who appears to be in my shoes doing these things, killing people they hear in music or see in films & TV. Is that supposed to be therepudic?!?
I was 10 years old when that happened, and i was just introduced to The Beatles' music that year. I remember my grandma driving me to school telling me one of the Beatles was shot & killed. I can't really remember my reaction. I was still new to The Beatles.
Anyrate, i felt like i had to share this with yall. I was off the net for a while because me & my mom had a power surge, and she had to replace the Embarq box. It's running smoothly now. I wonder if any of yall wanna visit my MySpace page, just put the name "Derek Bay Roberts" from Texas and you'll find me, i just get so bored here. LATER, GODBLESS!
DeRick

Re: I need to share this. Desturbing

Postby chris » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 pm

hey derick...first of all. my son (age 12) also has asbergers. hang in there. remain positive. and make the best out of all situations.

second...that movie was horrible. i couldn't watch all of it.

listen, be well, man.

chris
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Actually Dan Akroyd is diagnosed with the same thing you have. I really appreciated your honesty. Remember a diagnosis is not a life sentence. It just means your life has issues that you need to manage. We all have different ones. I really admire your courage, & hopefulness. Here's a thing I found on the intermet..."What Does It Mean to Have Asperger Syndrome?
What does it mean to have Asperger’s Syndrome? Clearly, since so many successful people seem to have the diagnosis (Dan Ackroyd, for one, announced his diagnosis on the air -- and rumor has it that Bill Gates may also have Asperger’s) it is not a disability in the classic sense. In fact, some historians suggest that Einstein, Mozart, and Alan Turing (the inventor of the first electronic computer) may all have been diagnosable with Asperger’s."
As far as Chapman goes he was a unique case. Not everyone with issues goes over the deep end. I hate what happened that day, but believe everything has a purpose, whether or not we fully understand, or even like it. I hate what Chapman did, but I don't hate Chapman. When you send out fear, hate, or anger you put gas on a fire that you are trying to defeat. I have love & compassion for him, because (like George Bush for example) he seems like a remedial human being who needs it more than most others. Your post was very brave & I send you Blessings Of Love & Light!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby DeRick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 am

linclink wrote:Actually Dan Akroyd is diagnosed with the same thing you have. I really appreciated your honesty. Remember a diagnosis is not a life sentence. It just means your life has issues that you need to manage. We all have different ones. I really admire your courage, & hopefulness. Here's a thing I found on the intermet..."What Does It Mean to Have Asperger Syndrome?
What does it mean to have Asperger’s Syndrome? Clearly, since so many successful people seem to have the diagnosis (Dan Ackroyd, for one, announced his diagnosis on the air -- and rumor has it that Bill Gates may also have Asperger’s) it is not a disability in the classic sense. In fact, some historians suggest that Einstein, Mozart, and Alan Turing (the inventor of the first electronic computer) may all have been diagnosable with Asperger’s."
As far as Chapman goes he was a unique case. Not everyone with issues goes over the deep end. I hate what happened that day, but believe everything has a purpose, whether or not we fully understand, or even like it. I hate what Chapman did, but I don't hate Chapman. When you send out fear, hate, or anger you put gas on a fire that you are trying to defeat. I have love & compassion for him, because (like George Bush for example) he seems like a remedial human being who needs it more than most others. Your post was very brave & I send you Blessings Of Love & Light!!

Thanxalot! I felt like i really stuck my neck out revealing those thoughts. Is there a way i can PM you. Do you have a MySpace page. Because i feel like i wanna ask you something but others might misunderstand. You just seem understanding to me.
DeRick

Postby linclink » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:55 am

DeRick wrote:
linclink wrote:Actually Dan Akroyd is diagnosed with the same thing you have. I really appreciated your honesty. Remember a diagnosis is not a life sentence. It just means your life has issues that you need to manage. We all have different ones. I really admire your courage, & hopefulness. Here's a thing I found on the intermet..."What Does It Mean to Have Asperger Syndrome?

Thanxalot! I felt like i really stuck my neck out revealing those thoughts. Is there a way i can PM you. Do you have a MySpace page. Because i feel like i wanna ask you something but others might misunderstand. You just seem understanding to me.

Actually I don't know how pm works here, but you can email me at "JayaKrishna8888@yahoo.com". No problem & Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to JOHN