Paul McCartney Confirmed For Grammys!!!!!!!

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul McCartney Confirmed For Grammys!!!!!!!

Postby rolthadice » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:41 am

This site that I check out on the regular for music news is saying that Kanye has just been added to the Grammy list of performers for 2009. He has been pretty accurate on his news and has broken several stories.

www.drfunkenberry.com

We just learned exclusively that Sir Paul McCartney, Kanye West, & T.I. have now been added to the list of performers for the 2009 Grammy Awards. You are hearing this first, HERE, before anywhere else!

This comes from the same sources that broke earlier on Pitchfork.com that Radiohead has also been added. We also broke weeks ago that Jennifer Hudson would be performing at the Grammys as well. Check back later because we will have exclusive news on two other big stars being added to the list of performers for this years Grammy event.

The Grammys take place on Feb. 8th in Los Angeles at the Staple Center. They also join Coldplay, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, The Jonas Brothers, Carrie Underwood and the before-mentioned Jennifer Hudson. This years grammys is looking glamtastic and with Sir Paul McCartney in the mix, it just got fab.

Remember, Dr.Funkenberry.com has your exclusive Grammy news.-Dr.FB

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2009/01/26 ... e-west-ti/

This is frickin hot! Anyone got any Grammy ticket hook-ups?
rolthadice

Re: Paul McCartney Confirmed For Grammys!!!!!!!

Postby maccafan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:01 pm

January 26, 2009 -- Rolling Stone

Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Kanye West Set to Perform at Grammys

Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Justin Timberlake, T.I., Kanye West and Jay-Z will all perform at this year's Grammys ceremony, the awards show revealed this morning.

McCartney's Grammys performance is a bit of a surprise, considering the former Beatle was only nominated in a pair of smaller categories. We're not complaining though, as the Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl will join Macca onstage as his "special guest drummer."

The Grammys will be broadcast Sunday, February 8 at 8pm ET on CBS.

I wish McCartney was performing with his band, I usually don't like these thrown together musicians at these awards shows.

I hope he performs the song That Was Me since it's one of the songs he's nominated for, but this sounds like he will be doing I Saw Her Standing There since it's the other song he's nominated for (bummer).

I also wonder, who will be the rest of the band?
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:20 pm

It would be nice to see him do "Highway" if he's to promote EA.
Also, 'Only Mama Knows" is another great choice with Dave on the skins , along with the obvious 'I Saw Her Standing There'.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 pm

maccafan wrote:I also wonder, who will be the rest of the band?

good question.

here is another one. why won't abe be with him?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:02 pm

For that matter why won't his entire band be with him?

I suspect it's because they have other commitments. Also it seems McCartney was just asked to perform so it may be difficult for his current band to break those commitments all of a sudden.
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

until i read that the rest of the band will not be with him...i'm going to assume they are.

its supposed to be a package deal. paul and band.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 am

Who says it's supposed to be a packaged deal?

McCartney and the band aren't together right now, I'm on Brian Rays e-mail list and he just sent a message saying he's in the studio working on his next album, so they aren't together right now!

Chris, believe me I hope you're right, because McCartney with his band would be the best performance, but it just doesn't seem likely!

I'm going to e-mail Mr. Ray and see if I can find out, if I get an answer I'll let you know!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 pm

maccafan wrote:Who says it's supposed to be a packaged deal?

McCartney and the band aren't together right now, I'm on Brian Rays e-mail list and he just sent a message saying he's in the studio working on his next album, so they aren't together right now!

Chris, believe me I hope you're right, because McCartney with his band would be the best performance, but it just doesn't seem likely!

I'm going to e-mail Mr. Ray and see if I can find out, if I get an answer I'll let you know!

shocked just how regularly you seem to get things wrong. did you see the performance? brian and rusty were great. thanks for your prediction.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Just saw Paul perform I Saw Her Standing There. It was good and Sir Paul looked great. Nice to see the legend perform and rock on. Very nice. :-BD
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bison » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Gosh, he still is really good. That simple but wonderful performance holds up against anything else offered this evening. What a gift, a treat for those in attendance.
bison

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media