McCartney On "The View"

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: McCartney On "The View"

Postby mclarke825 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 am

robeekay wrote:Is any of this available on ABC's website, or posted on Youtube? How did they treat Paul? Did they fawn over him? Did he sing, play, or just talk?

A brief clip is there now, but I don't know how long they keep them there.
http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index

They fawned over him, as was to be expected. They talked, in fact, about how he deals with people fawning over him all the time.

He sang a little bit with Whoopi and the audience joining in, and he played a few notes on a tiny harmonica he pulled out of his pocket (after Barbara Walters asked him if he was "getting out his instrument"). No regular "performance" as such, though. Overall it was a nice show.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:28 am

The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby I am the Paulrus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Paul McCartney's appearance on The View, Jan. 14, 2008

For those of you who missed it or want to see it again:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT4MPMjRwIU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6Uf9h9dkM

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnjF4v7sMAY
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mark Rink » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm

I think Barbara Waters wanted to do Paul.Hell I would do Babara Waters.... :-D
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Mark Rink wrote:I would do Babara Waters.... :-D

:puker :pukel :puker :pukel :puker :pukel :puker :pukel :puker :pukel :puker :pukel :puker
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:11 am

The whole audience Silly Love Songs was just plain silly and used up valuable interview time. Sure he brought out his tiny instrument which was entertaining but he should always bring an acoustic so at least he could play something and show off his talents. Sure, we all know his talents but the purpose of going on these shows is self-promotion for new fans.

Best news that came out of the interview was that he is now recording an album with son James.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 am

Mike wrote:The whole audience Silly Love Songs was just plain silly and used up valuable interview time. Sure he brought out his tiny instrument which was entertaining but he should always bring an acoustic so at least he could play something and show off his talents. Sure, we all know his talents but the purpose of going on these shows is self-promotion for new fans.

Best news that came out of the interview was that he is now recording an album with son James.

I agree with you Mike it was almost embarrassing. But I don't agree with you that he should always bring a guiter with him. Yes we all know his talents but I think it's a cheap way on hearing him play.He didd'nt bring a guiter with him on Howard Stern,and that interview was fantastic.I like hearing Paul speak about his life and recording a new cd.If I want to hear him play I'll put on a cd.If he plays thats wasting valuable interview time :-BD
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Unfortuantely interviews will often be as good as those conducting it. Barbara's idea for the Silly Love Song sing along was highly embarrassing and really was out of Paul's control. I think he was secretly rather embarrassed by the whole thing as his latter comments suggest. Just think we could of heard so much more about the new album with James, whether he is considering touring again etc... Sadly these American interveiwers often just want to flirt with Paul.
Muscians are best interviewed by other musicians, not American 'celebrity' interviewers.
Jeremy K2

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 am

ok, i'll bite...who the heck is Babara Waters......... :wink:

(for those of limited intelligence: this post is meant for humor purposes only)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:15 pm

mr h atom wrote:ok, i'll bite...who the heck is Babara Waters......... :wink:

(for those of limited intelligence: this post is meant for humor purposes only)

it's not a who, exactly...but a what. i'm pretty sure that refers to the new bellagio fountain on the strip in vegas. named by famed aqua architect horatio barbara. a most stunning display, i must say...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media