John Lennon & A Dalek photo

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:41 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.allyngibson.net/?p=1129

This guy on his website says:
"There’s a picture of John Lennon posing with a Dalek prop."

Does anyone know if this photo does exist? I have never seen or heard of such a photo. Have any of you? If so, would one of you be most kind to please post it in so we could see it? Two of my favourite interests: The Beatles and Doctor Who.
Last edited by I am the Paulrus on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: John Lennon & A Dalek photo

Postby tristanjblythe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 am

If you don a google search for John Lennon and Dalek the picture doesn't come up. But it is mentioned on another site as having appeared on a "recent DVD documentary." Not clear if that's a documentary about John or about Doctor Who - but it is a Sci-Fi site.
tristanjblythe

Postby I am the Paulrus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 pm

The guy emailed me back and he said:

"Yes, there is, in fact, a photograph of John posing with a Dalek. The photo was taken sometime in 1964. I believe that it was taken at the premiere of DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS, though it could also have been taken at BBC studios (during the era when the Beatles were doing radioshows for the Beeb). Sadly, I do not have a copy of it, either on my hard drive or in myBeatles collection. However, it is shown in the DALEKMANIA documentary that was released with the remastered Cushing films about six years ago."
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:32 am

Here it is. The photo was shown in a documentary called "Dalekmania" that told the story of the two Peter Cushing DW films. Nothing was mentioned about JL and the Dalek in the phot. It was from a newspaper clipping. Didn't give a date, any facts of the photo or where John was with this Dalek, or the name of the newspaper that it appeared in. It could have beem at a cinema or BBC-TV Studios. Judging by John's hair, I'd say the pic was taken was around 1965.

ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Return to JOHN