McCartney On "The View"

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney On "The View"

Postby cd1500rpm » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:33 am

Set those DVRs. Paul is going to be on "The View" (ABC) on Wednesday. I verified it on ABC's website. I didn't see any posts on this so I thought I'd mention it.
cd1500rpm

Re: McCartney On "The View"

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 am

..while the show hasn't been as interesting since viera left (except for a few blow-ups betwix rosie & elizabeth)...i, for one, amd glad i have that day off...thanks for the (possible) heads up
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Jared Lekites » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 am

mr h atom wrote:..while the show hasn't been as interesting since viera left (except for a few blow-ups betwix rosie & elizabeth)...i, for one, amd glad i have that day off...thanks for the (possible) heads up

Rosie is no longer on the show... she's been replaced by Whoopi (who never fails to make me chuckle).

Thanks for the info, cd!
Jared Lekites

Postby Awesoman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:07 pm

I watched it this morning. Unsurprisingly, there was no mention of that fabled "tour" fans are so convinced he is putting together. Looks like he was just on to promote his Fireman album.
Awesoman

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Awesoman wrote:I watched it this morning. Unsurprisingly, there was no mention of that fabled "tour" fans are so convinced he is putting together. Looks like he was just on to promote his Fireman album.

His people had discussions last year that helped the tour rumor. Evidence of this is the actual concerts he did play last year. In fact, I have first hand knowledge of this as I attended the Quebec City gig :) Paul himself mentioned the word "tour" next year, during a few interviews. Rumors last year started when word came out that certain locations have had discussions regarding holding a Paul McCartney concert. Until we get those kinds of news bits, none of us should hold our breath just yet.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby Awesoman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Mike wrote:
Awesoman wrote:I watched it this morning. Unsurprisingly, there was no mention of that fabled "tour" fans are so convinced he is putting together. Looks like he was just on to promote his Fireman album.

His people had discussions last year that helped the tour rumor. Evidence of this is the actual concerts he did play last year. In fact, I have first hand knowledge of this as I attended the Quebec City gig :) Paul himself mentioned the word "tour" next year, during a few interviews. Rumors last year started when word came out that certain locations have had discussions regarding holding a Paul McCartney concert. Until we get those kinds of news bits, none of us should hold our breath just yet.

It would seem that Paul might be more interested in doing these "one-off" shows of late rather than a full-fledged tour. I imagine he'll be performing again, but until there is an official word from McCartney himself that he will tour, I am fine with assuming there is no tour at the moment. :-)
Awesoman

Postby maccachick » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

I watched the show this morning. Macca was his fabulous self. The girls were starstruck. Lucky them. He looked great....
maccachick

Postby robeekay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Is any of this available on ABC's website, or posted on Youtube? How did they treat Paul? Did they fawn over him? Did he sing, play, or just talk?
robeekay

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:34 pm

As much as we all want to see Macca tour again,don't you think we owe all to him just to rest take care of himself make more great music on cd's and enjoy his life and kids and grandchildren?God bless you Macca and Thank You for 10 great concerts!!You are the best ^:)^
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Mark, thank you!! I agree 100% Save the voice and give us more music.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media