John and elton live

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

John and elton live

Postby tristanjblythe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Does anybody have a good quality MP3/WMA of John live with Elton in 1974 at Madison Square Garden singing Whatever Gets You Thru the Night & I Saw Her Standing There?

If you have I'd love a copy by email (if poss) and willing to trade stuff (again if poss and I have anything you might want)
tristanjblythe

Re: John and elton live

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:42 pm

The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Can someone tell me why after all these years Macca and Elton have never recorded together? Do they just not get along or what?
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:57 pm

I have a record of that performance :)
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mclarke825 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 am

bravefan wrote:Can someone tell me why after all these years Macca and Elton have never recorded together? Do they just not get along or what?

They did a live show together, along with Sting and others:

"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby Mark Rink » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:35 pm

They played live with Sting.I guess Elton was more of a Lennon buddie than Macca.Who knows ,who cares.It's weird though Lennon recorded with Bowie and Elton :-??
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm talking Macca and Elton...not a whole damn band of stars together on stage for a benefit. I guess they must not be mates. Two superstars in their own right not performing or creating music together. Seems like a crime to me. Could have been something special. I don't think we'll ever find out. I just am curious enough to wish that somebody on here actually knew why.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mclarke825 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:39 am

Paul has only recorded with a small handful of people. That doesn't mean that everyone he hasn't played with is not a friend. They both have lives, as well as busy schedules. The opportunity may not have arisen.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby bravefan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 am

You may be right but I find it difficult to believe that in approximately 35 years they haven't had time to record together. I did notice that they did not spend much time talking after the concert with the credits rolling. I've just always been curious about it. You may very well be right.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to JOHN