The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 pm

chris wrote:just show up at a killers studio session (or vive versa) and see what happens. if it works...release it. if not...its not a topic to discuss.

Even if the sessions did not work, we'd still discuss them.
After all it would be "unreleased" Paul McCartney music, and we've been spending decades talking about that topic.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-killers-to-record-with-paul-mccartney-189599

They've scored a hit with new album Day & Age, but it could be more a case of Day & Aged if rumours that The Killers are set to work with Paul McCartney turn out to be true.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, the former Beatle watched the band perform at London's Royal Albert Hall last month and then told Brandon Flowers and co that he'd love to record with them.

The paper quotes an unnamed "source close to McCartney" as saying: "Paul had a great time at the gig. He loves their music and their great attitude.

"He was as pleased to meet them as they were to meet him but they were gobsmacked when he said he'd love to do something with them music-wise."

Of course, this could all be nonsense, but The Killers' recent single with Elton John and Neil Tennant suggests that they're open to the idea of collaboration, while McCartney has worked with, well, just about everyone in his time.

Your thoughts on this possible collaboration would be?

There are some key words to consider here: "rumours", "tabloid" "unnamed source"

Once again I'd take "news" from tabloids with a grain of salt. There is likely no truth to it whatsoever. That being said, if the Killers recorded something with Paul, well good for them. :-)
Awesoman

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm

Awesoman wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-killers-to-record-with-paul-mccartney-189599

They've scored a hit with new album Day & Age, but it could be more a case of Day & Aged if rumours that The Killers are set to work with Paul McCartney turn out to be true.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, the former Beatle watched the band perform at London's Royal Albert Hall last month and then told Brandon Flowers and co that he'd love to record with them.

The paper quotes an unnamed "source close to McCartney" as saying: "Paul had a great time at the gig. He loves their music and their great attitude.

"He was as pleased to meet them as they were to meet him but they were gobsmacked when he said he'd love to do something with them music-wise."

Of course, this could all be nonsense, but The Killers' recent single with Elton John and Neil Tennant suggests that they're open to the idea of collaboration, while McCartney has worked with, well, just about everyone in his time.

Your thoughts on this possible collaboration would be?

There are some key words to consider here: "rumours", "tabloid" "unnamed source"

Once again I'd take "news" from tabloids with a grain of salt. There is likely no truth to it whatsoever. That being said, if the Killers recorded something with Paul, well good for them. :-)

Yep I agree.
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
chris wrote:just show up at a killers studio session (or vive versa) and see what happens. if it works...release it. if not...its not a topic to discuss.

After all it would be "unreleased" Paul McCartney music, and we've been spending decades talking about that topic.

maybe...but only if we were aware of it. it's likely that paul and steve miller did more together than what appeared on flaming pie, but i am not aware of what was unreleased. same with paul's work with elvis costello on flowers, off the groung, spike and rose. probably some leftovers there too...

although, to be fair...i am not the most knowledgable bootleg guy out there. there is probably tons that many of you know about that i have never even heard of. i can think of very little unreleased paulie stuff out there. i guess i am one un-knowing dude, huh?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:27 pm

chris wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:

maybe...but only if we were aware of it. it's likely that paul and steve miller did more together than what appeared on flaming pie, but i am not aware of what was unreleased. same with paul's work with elvis costello on flowers, off the groung, spike and rose. probably some leftovers there too...

although, to be fair...i am not the most knowledgable bootleg guy out there. there is probably tons that many of you know about that i have never even heard of. i can think of very little unreleased paulie stuff out there. i guess i am one un-knowing dude, huh?

C'mon Chris, you know some stuff. :-D
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:18 am

c'mon, chris: don't hold out on us !

YOU live in Chi-Town, after all, home of the all-time great bootleggers !!

bet your last name is capone ! :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:59 pm

mr h atom wrote:c'mon, chris: don't hold out on us !

YOU live in Chi-Town, after all, home of the all-time great bootleggers !!

bet your last name is capone ! :wink:

Yep, Chris Capone...that's it.! X_X
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Dang chris...you've been found out again. The Witness Protection moving van is on the way. :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:19 am

of course... they found him because he's the only person still sitting in Cubbie field : much like linus waiting on the great pumpkin... ~X(
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 pm

they'll be here all week ladies and germs. don't forget to tip your waitress...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media