Successful Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Successful Paul

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm

I always wonder why peolpe think Lennon is so much better than Macca,with the Beatles or solo? You ask me Macca kicks Lennon's ass with The Beatles and solo. ^:)^ And that is that!!!
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:36 pm

For the most part he has handled himself with class and dignity. He is generally a good interview. He generally makes the interviewer feel at ease.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Mark Rink wrote:I always wonder why peolpe think Lennon is so much better than Macca,with the Beatles or solo? You ask me Macca kicks Lennon's ass with The Beatles and solo. ^:)^ And that is that!!!

To give a short answer to a complicated question: people like lennon more because lennon was undeniably cooler than paul, john gave a much better interview (seriously Paul, you're only hurting yourself!), and john died before his time and before putting out really bad albums in the 80s. Each of those points could be expanded upon indefinitely, but that about sums it up from what I can see.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:51 pm

dragonfly i have to disagree with the undeniably cooler than paul line. both always seemed pretty cool to me
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JimQ » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:36 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:
Mark Rink wrote:I always wonder why peolpe think Lennon is so much better than Macca,with the Beatles or solo? You ask me Macca kicks Lennon's ass with The Beatles and solo. ^:)^ And that is that!!!

To give a short answer to a complicated question: people like lennon more because lennon was undeniably cooler than paul, john gave a much better interview (seriously Paul, you're only hurting yourself!), and john died before his time and before putting out really bad albums in the 80s. Each of those points could be expanded upon indefinitely, but that about sums it up from what I can see.

Agreed, except I feel that a lot of Johns 70s albums are worse than Paul's 80s ones...
JimQ

Postby edrebber » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Lennon took advantage of his fans by releasing the 2 virgins, life with the lions and wedding albums. Clearly the motivation for these albums was to fund John and Yoko's heroin addiction. These albums have no musical value and are a ripoff.

Even the worst McCartney albums contain music, although degraded to various degrees by alcoholism and marijuana use.
edrebber

Postby EddieV » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Thank god Paul didn´t do something like Lennon with 2 Virgins. John was kind of a clown which Paul didn´t want to be.

I think all Paul´s music is worth listening to. SOme of Lennons is s....
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:06 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:

Don't agree dragonfly,at no point do I think Lennon was cooler than Macca.Just to see Macca with the mullet and kicking f***ing ass on bass.The Best :-h
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 pm

I always liked Paul the best. In regard to who was "cooler" I don't know how that can be determined. They worked the press differently. Both were very successful with their solo careers. I do think people considered it to be more hip to be a Lennon fan. I just laughed at them and said listen to the music. Pretty bold to come out with a line like"Imagine no posessions" while living in Manhattan. But one thing is certain...together they were unbeatable in making music.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:17 pm

edrebber wrote:Lennon took advantage of his fans by releasing the 2 virgins, life with the lions and wedding albums. Clearly the motivation for these albums was to fund John and Yoko's heroin addiction. These albums have no musical value and are a ripoff.

Even the worst McCartney albums contain music, although degraded to various degrees by alcoholism and marijuana use.

Wel said son,well said :-BD
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle