The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 pm

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... ney-189599

They've scored a hit with new album Day & Age, but it could be more a case of Day & Aged if rumours that The Killers are set to work with Paul McCartney turn out to be true.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, the former Beatle watched the band perform at London's Royal Albert Hall last month and then told Brandon Flowers and co that he'd love to record with them.

The paper quotes an unnamed "source close to McCartney" as saying: "Paul had a great time at the gig. He loves their music and their great attitude.

"He was as pleased to meet them as they were to meet him but they were gobsmacked when he said he'd love to do something with them music-wise."

Of course, this could all be nonsense, but The Killers' recent single with Elton John and Neil Tennant suggests that they're open to the idea of collaboration, while McCartney has worked with, well, just about everyone in his time.

Your thoughts on this possible collaboration would be?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

Postby EddieV » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Great that he wants to record with The Killers. He needs the inspiration
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:12 pm

I'd love to see him do something with the Killers. Quite contemporary hot group with Macca sounds awesome. The real question is why Paul has never recorded with Elton. Anybody?
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Hang on!!! Didn't he want to record with the Keiser Chiefs as well ( or vice versa) and nothing happened there. By the time either get around to their next albums they'd have lost interest or forgotten all about it.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 am

i'm sure he/they will do what they want/when they want/if it works well for all artistically...

more importantly: :wink:
let me be the first to recommend to sir paul, that shortly after this proposed collaboration..it is high time for him to release ALL songs he has done w/other bands/groups/artists in any format (not previously released on a mccartney disc) of which %100 of all proceeds would be donated directly tocharity :-D
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:12 am

bravefan wrote:I'd love to see him do something with the Killers. Quite contemporary hot group with Macca sounds awesome. The real question is why Paul has never recorded with Elton. Anybody?

Elton is old and I think it should be a young group!!
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Elton is Macca's generation I agree, although he is younger than Paul. I'm thrilled with a possible collaberation with the Killers. It still doesn't answer my question which is why Paul and Elton have not recorded together. I've wondered for years but nobody seems to have an answer. Anybody?????
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:50 am

bravefan wrote:Elton is Macca's generation I agree, although he is younger than Paul. I'm thrilled with a possible collaberation with the Killers. It still doesn't answer my question which is why Paul and Elton have not recorded together. I've wondered for years but nobody seems to have an answer. Anybody?????

Maybe the two aren´t that close. He hasn´t recorded with Clapton,Jagger etc.
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ahawk66 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:47 pm

He also said he'd like to do something with Bob Dylan, and mentioned a while back that he'd like to maybe write with George (George had a quip about, "He's had 40 years to do that, and now he wants to?" A lot of this stuff sounds like the ol' "Maybe we should do lunch." to nods and agreements just to be nice. ...I'd be all for it, though.
ahawk66

Postby chris » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:17 pm

seems to me paul works well doing spur of the moment type of things. run devil run was done very quickly, as was the new electric arguments. instead of speculating, planning, wondering...just show up at a killers studio session (or vive versa) and see what happens. if it works...release it. if not...its not a topic to discuss.

there are plenty of younger acts that would be interesting collabs with paul. but when i was younger (such an old codger now) i didn't know about a collaboration till i heard it. now, there are leaks, press releases and denials. either do it...or zip it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media