Vatican forgives John

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Vatican forgives John

Postby Scott Dossett » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:08 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27857596/?GT1=43001

I still say...that isn't what he meant. :roll:
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Re: Vatican forgives John

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:40 am

Who F***KING cares what the Vatican says? Does the Vatican forgive Mark F##KING David F**KING Chapman for what that ass**** did to John Lennon ? Give me a break we all know what he meant,let it go for crying out load :twisted:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:31 pm

The Vatican forgives John for what ...exactly?? :roll:
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:57 pm

What John said was a stupid thing to say, this was the 60's and a very different time than today. People actually believed in God and practiced religion much more than today. What John said upset a lot of people and to simply put what he said 40 plus years ago off as something minor that upset a few people is not proper either. John's explanation was what he meant to say was in his mind, people thought The Beatles were more popular than Jesus. It came across quite wrong. John of course was wrong but from his perspective, the crazy fans and adulation they had every where they went, it's easy to see his point. Fact is then, and now, there are many more Jesus and God fans than Beatle fans.

The quote said, it was a "boast by a young man grappling with sudden fame". I think sums it up very well. Remember this is the same year the Vatican also said that we should accept aliens from other planets as our friends.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:57 pm

thats really warm and fuzzy of them. wonder if the vatican will ever get forgiven for covering up hundreds of molestation cases of innocent alter boys?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 pm

This was a topic about "Vatican forgives John" bringing in you beliefs or disbeliefs of this or that religion will close this thread down. We all know some of you hate religion, we all know some of you love religion, let's leave it at that. We managed to keep politics away for the most part. Now that it's Christmas season, some of us still celebrate the Christ in Christmas so bad mouthing religion won't be tolerated.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby chris » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:04 pm

mike, i don't hate religion. and i respect that some here find religion important to them. i used to be religeous myself. but you have to admit the actions of those in power have caused many to leave the church. i wasn't making anything up. i just believe its a bit hypocritical of the vatican to forgive anything when it is they themselves who are guilty of a violation far worse than what john said 40 years ago.

i happen to think christ was a pretty awesome fellow. its some of his representatives that have let his people down.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to JOHN