Internet Traffic Interruptions Today affected MACCA Radio

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Internet Traffic Interruptions Today affected MACCA Radio

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:19 pm

All day today internet data connection has been up and down. I have a support ticket open with our data provider but they said it's affective whole regions. I have connection now and checked out internettrafficreport.com which is site that reports on internet traffic and packet loss.
http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm

Many locations or hubs have 100% packet loss, in other words no access Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin and Virginia. Many of you will be reading this later because now you probably have no connection. This of course has affected MACCA Radio, The Voice of The Beatles streams. It is off line but as of this minute MACCA-Central's website is running fine.

Be patient, could be some outfit accidentally cutting a fibre optic line somewhere or something like that. Internet traffic is being re-routed to attempt to compensate.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Internet Traffic Interruptions Today affected MACCA Radio

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:38 pm

MACCA Radio is back up. Not too many listeners at this point but it's been going up and down all day so I suspect it may happen again. We are still here so don't worry :)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements