Perks: It's good to be a Supporter or Subscriber :)

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Perks: It's good to be a Supporter or Subscriber :)

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:45 pm

I have put together the beginning of some exciting perks for Supporters and for those who make that monthly commitment and Subscribe. I will be adjusting by adding or altering features in the two major categories, Supporter and Subscriber. Supporters prior to November 1st 2008 were not shown initially but I've managed to transfer past donations. So if you have donated in the paste you should have been upgraded to the MACCA-Central Supporters rank.

See the donate link here or view the donate page below for details on the new perks. Of course your suggestions of new perks would be wonderful.

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Perks: It's good to be a Supporter or Subscriber :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:57 pm

I've donated in the past and there's no recognition near my name. :cry:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 am

Supporter prior to November 1st 2008 are not shown at this time. It's because I need to go through each donation manually and enter it into the system. I thought it best to use my time to generate new support. All past support is truly appreciated but that is still the past and does not help the current situation. Past support will be recognized, I promise you, just please be a little patient.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 pm

UPDATE: I spent a number of hours today getting this done. Supporters prior to November 1st 2008 were not shown initially but I've managed to transfer past donations. So if you have donated in the paste you should have been upgraded to the MACCA-Central Supporters rank. If you feel you have made a contribution and your rank isn't showing you as a Supporter, please let me know in this thread. Any information like the date would be helpful.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

UPDATE Nov.17 2008
Please note I added a new $5 Basic Subscription option to make it even easier to qualify as a MACCA Central Subscriber. What can you give up each month to become a Subscriber, a few cups of coffee?
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby EddieV » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:34 am

I´ve donated and will do it again

My question is: What about the points?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 am

Congrats Mike, we've hit the magic 500! :ymapplause:
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 am

WELL DONE EVERYONE #:-s

I could not be more proud of how many people stepped up this month and made this happen. I am more than encouraged, I am so happy and rejuvenated with hope that more than just a few fans like what we do here. I wish that I could shake the hands and/or hug, each and everyone of you . As you can see I have been spending a lot of time on site improvements and they have just begun. During some of my modification I've broken some of the code and I have to debug the part that automatically entered new one-time donations into the database. Once I do that I can get back to things like updating the Weekly Schedule of The Voice of The Beatles and a great many other things.

For December I'd like to see some Subscribers come on board. When you setup a subscription, a monthly amount will charged to whatever account you setup with. There are 3 levels of subscription $5, $10 and $20 or more. With a subscription you get more perks than that of a Supporter and each has a special rank graphic. See Subscriptions: donate/index.php (scroll down). Since I've updated the donation structure this month nobody has subscribed so if someone attempts to and you get any kind of problem, please let me know ASAP.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:05 am

To answer EddieV, the point system will be continued soon. To those who don't know about the point system, when you donate, every $10 was worth 100 points. So someone donating $10 a month would get 100 points per month to use on the site for various access to bonus features such as requesting songs on MACCA Radio. Songs cost merely one point to request. Looking up stats etc would subtract points from whatever your subtotal was. It was a perk.

It will be re-established but revamped as well to encourage monthly subscriptions. For example a $5 monthly subscription will give you the perk to request songs and 50 points per month to do so. At 2 points per song, you would be able to request 25 songs each month. $10 - 50 songs etc. There are also some penalties, for example say if the 4 hour block of music theme is say Beatles Original, and you request a George song, you will be penalized say 10 points.

We had a few consistent subscribers over the years but currently there are no subscribers, who's going to be the 1st. For that matter who will make the 1st donation for the month of December ?
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:17 pm

:ymparty: JennyWren gets the party going for December with her donation !
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements