"Imagine" in a politcal ad

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

"Imagine" in a politcal ad

Postby cd1500rpm » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Anyone from California seen the political ad with a children's choir singing Imagine? I can't remember what proposition it's for.

For those who haven't seen it, Jamie Lee Curtis is featured in the ad. She's conducting the choir that's singing Imagine. It's for a good cause but I'm baffled as to why Ono allowed the song to be used in a politcal ad.
cd1500rpm

Re: "Imagine" in a politcal ad

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:15 pm

cd1500rpm wrote:Anyone from California seen the political ad with a children's choir singing Imagine? I can't remember what proposition it's for.

For those who haven't seen it, Jamie Lee Curtis is featured in the ad. She's conducting the choir that's singing Imagine. It's for a good cause but I'm baffled as to why Ono allowed the song to be used in a politcal ad.

It's screams "left wing". I can't "Imagine" (no pun intended) a republican featuring "Imagine".
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Re: "Imagine" in a politcal ad

Postby james1985 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:24 pm

some cherubic 16 year old from northern ireland massacred Imagine on the X Factor (our version of American Idol) the other week. I almost cringed myself to an early grave. It wasn't very John Lennon!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to JOHN