Ringo's Response To Resposne To His Recent Video

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo's Response To Resposne To His Recent Video

Postby linclink » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:27 am

This is an official statement from Ringo that I just found on the "Beatle News Briefs" page at
http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/1011noautographs.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RINGO STARR STATEMENT REGARDING RECENT VIDEO UPDATE ON HIS WEBSITE:

Ringo Starr recently put a video update on his official website asking people not to continue to send fan mail to be signed after October 20. This was in direct response to an inordinate amount of items which have recently appeared for sale on e-bay, and to those that repeatedly send cards and items to be signed.

This message was not aimed at "real fans" and after over 45 yrs of signing we know they will understand. Ringo has always signed items and is in fact the only Beatle to have been doing so.

Ringo also feels strongly that it is a waste of paper and we all should be mindful of our carbon footprint. At the end of the day Ringo wanted to make a message that was clear and to the point and is confident his real fans understand that. That said, the recent response from the media has prompted him to clarify that video.

"How amazed am I to the reaction to my video update. I hope this statement gets as much. Please read this in a mellow way. Peace and love, Ringo."

# Update (10/16/08) See the statement above issued Wednesday from Ringo's press office in answer to the coverage of this story.
# In his statement, Ringo said he hoped his statement would get as much coverage as the video, but it appears it hasn't. We saw very few links Wednesday. Here's one from WSYR.
Amen to all that. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: Ringo's Response To Resposne To His Recent Video

Postby bonovox66 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 am

See, another case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. Some greedy people that wanted to make a quick buck on e-bay have ruined it for us all. I for one agree with Ringo and don't think he needed to clear anything up.

There is another thread going about writing him a thank you letter. I already sent mine and I recommend everyone do the same. Even if he never reads them, he'll know we're sending him vibes of peace and love.

He has always been the most fan friendly of the four. I do not think I could have kept it going as long as he has.

Thanks for everything Ringo, your the best!
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Scott Dossett » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 am

I'd love to write him a thank you note also...but I have no clue as to where to send it...Does anyone have an address that I could send this note...I've seen him twice in concert and have been a huge fan since 1963...Not a person out to make a quick dollar that's for sure.
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Postby mclarke825 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 am

Scott Dossett wrote:I'd love to write him a thank you note also...but I have no clue as to where to send it...Does anyone have an address that I could send this note...I've seen him twice in concert and have been a huge fan since 1963...Not a person out to make a quick dollar that's for sure.

From the other thread:

Ringo Starr
1st Floor
90 Jermyn Street
London SW1Y6JD
UK
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby Scott Dossett » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:00 pm

mclarke825 wrote:
Scott Dossett wrote:I'd love to write him a thank you note also...but I have no clue as to where to send it...Does anyone have an address that I could send this note...I've seen him twice in concert and have been a huge fan since 1963...Not a person out to make a quick dollar that's for sure.

From the other thread:

Ringo Starr
1st Floor
90 Jermyn Street
London SW1Y6JD
UK

Thanks !
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Postby Harrythebannister » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm just off to get my first class stamp now! Thanks for the address. :)
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:00 pm

linclink ......................Nice job my friend..........Just another example of some people not knowing all the facts. Just REACTING to something instead of checking it out.

Keep the voice of truth flowing............... :salute :cheers
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mclarke825 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:14 pm

He should do another video; at least it would get more coverage.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Return to RINGO