Paul's comments about writing

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:37 pm

quote:The songs I have, some took a very short space of time, others took forever.
same here
quote:That's a sense of laziness and loafing that i can do without. Like "I really love you" on flaming pie, I want your heart baby pipin' on a plate...or i need your love like a bird or a bear needs a break" - that's just laziness and it may be ok when you are collaborarting with a Lennon
its not really laziness its just u cant think of anything good to write[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:24 am

Indeed. If I don't like the song I'm writing, if I don't get a definite buzz from it, I will scrap it. Being a perfectionist, you see . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Rundevilrun » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:38 pm

As far as "Really Love You," I think he did a great job on the lyrics and a creative approach. Just making them up as he went along is pretty impressive, at least to me...I though it was a Forienger song at first! [8D]
Rundevilrun

Postby maccafan » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:03 pm

Can anyone name an artist that every single one of their songs is great?? All artist get lazy, they all rush sometimes, you can spend an eternity on a song and it still turns out to be a flop!!
It seems this is always aimed at Paul McCartney, all artist are human and basically do the same things!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:29 am

quote:Originally posted by maccafan
Can anyone name an artist that every single one of their songs is great?? All artist get lazy, they all rush sometimes, you can spend an eternity on a song and it still turns out to be a flop!!
It seems this is always aimed at Paul McCartney, all artist are human and basically do the same things!!

Nobody is completely howler-free. Maccafan has a very good point. Don't condemn him for the few howlers he's done, and he probably averages one per album - the man's only human, after all.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Rundevilrun
As far as "Really Love You," I think he did a great job on the lyrics and a creative approach. Just making them up as he went along is pretty impressive, at least to me...I though it was a Forienger song at first! [8D]

Doesn't sound a thing like Foreigner to me, and I should know, having a considerable portion of their albums. RLY just sounds like a jam session to me.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:29 pm

RDR---Please remember that Liam is our resisdent Foreigner, Sting, ABBA, Robbie Williams, and Queen expert. Do not cross him. [;)]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Rundevilrun » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:30 am

Just kidding on the Foreigner comment... I just heard a parody that day by Dana Carvey. And then he played and actually song by the group next... I could def. see where he was coming from...No disrespect to a very good band.
Rundevilrun

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
RDR---Please remember that Liam is our resisdent Foreigner, Sting, ABBA, Robbie Williams, and Queen expert. Do not cross him. [;)]

Well, I have to defend my tastes when I seem to have radically different ones to you guys!

And you forgot to mention Bryan Adams up there . . . and I am surprised you didn't mention Agnetha Faltskog on her own . . . blah blah blah . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:09 am

HABBAtha Warthog? Yes--quite right..I forgot that one, OSM, SIR!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions