What Paul albums would you like to see performed?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:43 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Driving Rain is his most personal and inspired work to date IMHO. [:D]
And it rocks harder than any of his previous efforts. YES!

I can't fully agree. Flaming Pie was probably a tiny bit more personal. I don't deny that DR had many personal songs on it, but FP seems to be a more soul-searching album in general.

But DR definitely is more hard rockin' - Abe takes care of that!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:45 am

quote:Originally posted by blackbirdla
The "SOLO BEATLES BAND" (we STILL nedd a name!!) has decided that each gig, the second set will be an album performed all teh way through. So far, RAM and IMAGINE have made the cut. What else do you think would be a hit? ALL THINGS MUST PASS is too long, MCCARTNEY is a must, as is VENUS AND MARS, PLASTIC ONO BAND and ....hey, you guys come up with some ideas!

How's about Flaming Pie for an acoustic setup, Band On The Run, Flowers In The Dirt and Tug Of War?

And John's half of DF and M&H put together!
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:26 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Flaming Pie was probably a tiny bit more personal. FP seems to be a more soul-searching album in general.
Man--Driving Rain is by far his most personal work. Like twice as much as FP or more.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:03 pm

Any songs from his albums as long as he will include some songs of John and George. I really want him to sing ALL THOSE YEARS AGO in honor of his two mates. I know that will be superb especially with a good Beatles backdrop.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:38 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Flaming Pie was probably a tiny bit more personal. FP seems to be a more soul-searching album in general.
Man--Driving Rain is by far his most personal work. Like twice as much as FP or more.

Well, tough call. DR has plenty of non-personal songs on it - SGUT, DR, SOAA, RIJ, RTR, Freedom, and maybe one or two others. As for FP, let's see, we've got IYW, FP, UTBB and RLY, maybe one or two others . . .

They're probably about equal, I'd say. Remember, we're both talking about our favourite Paul albums here, so we're bound to be a notch less than objective . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:05 am

Possibly---but again, Driving Rain had far more songs about his life's experiences, especially over the last 5 years...
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:46 am

Possibly---but again, Driving Rain had far more songs about his life's experiences, especially over the last 5 years...

And FP had a lot of personal reflection over a longer period - which makes it more personal over a longer timespan . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:37 am

Ummm...NO. Can I call you Shane? Because you remind me of my nephew Shane. [}:)]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:44 am

Ummm...NO. Can I call you Shane? Because you remind me of my nephew Shane. [}:)]

Oh, god, not that again - I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. But I will give both albums a thorough listen at some point in the (hopefully) near future, and make an independent judgement. In any case, I do love both albums a lot . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:47 am

. . . I just feel that most of the personal stuff on DR is directed solely at H2, while FP spans a longer time period with it. Either way, I'll have a proper listen . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions