McCartney urges vegetarianism to fight climate ills (Reuters

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: McCartney urges vegetarianism to fight climate ills (Reuters

Postby linclink » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:04 pm

EddieV wrote:
Crisstti wrote:
EddieV wrote:I can´t live without meat! But maybe cut down on it!!

Mmm... yes, you can. :) Just a scientific fact.

It is also a fact that there are essentials protein in meat that you can´t get from other sources!

Yes that is technically true, but...you CAN get those things elsewhere now besides meat, AND, more importantly if you are choosing to get them from meat, then (depending on how much you eat) you are more than likely doing more damage to your system (and the planet- especially red meat here) than any good your getting getting those things firsthand. There are vitamins, supplements, and foods & drink that are fortified with precisely the things you only get from meat, so it's quite easy to make it up elsewhere, and much healthier for folks & the planet. The main issues involve iron, calcium, vitamin D- all of which can easily be addressed via diet, and then the single issue that is legit is vitamin B12, but with things like fortified grains, cereals & breads, rice milk, soy milk, and vitamins this is not an issue of much real concern. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Crisstti » Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 pm

EddieV wrote:
Crisstti wrote:
EddieV wrote:I can´t live without meat! But maybe cut down on it!!

Mmm... yes, you can. :) Just a scientific fact.

It is also a fact that there are essentials protein in meat that you can´t get from other sources!

Oh no, It isn't. How do you think Paul and everyone else who is vegetarian survives?.

There's nothing in meat that you cannot get from vegetables or from suplements. Many say that we don't need suplements at all.
"You've never felt the rain, my friend, until you've felt it running down you back".
Crisstti

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:57 am

I've been a vegetarian for 3 years and it's worked out great for me I don't take suppliments or anything but it's true it doesn't work for everybody but I do think that meat should be cut down theres just so much of it everywhere and there doesn't need to be
RhayaOnTheHill

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media