What Has Happened To The McCartney Songs?

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: What Has Happened To The McCartney Songs?

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:32 pm

I personally like his recent albums theres a couple songs on them I don't like very much but most of them are as good as alot of songs and in Quebec he played Only Mama Knows,Mrs.Vanderbilt and Let Me Roll It which was cool also he probably thinks a bit differently and he can't keep writing the same kind of stuff all the time and he wrote alot of "nusery rhyme" as you call it type stuff back in The Beatles too and no one complains about that I think some really good songs off his recent ones it shows that he can still do different stuff I don't really get what your saying
RhayaOnTheHill

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:32 pm

I personally like his recent albums theres a couple songs on them I don't like very much but most of them are as good as alot of songs and in Quebec he played Only Mama Knows,Mrs.Vanderbilt and Let Me Roll It which was cool also he probably thinks a bit differently and he can't keep writing the same kind of stuff all the time and he wrote alot of "nusery rhyme" as you call it type stuff back in The Beatles too and no one complains about that I think some really good songs off his recent ones it shows that he can still do different stuff I don't really get what your saying
RhayaOnTheHill

Postby Deebhoy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Ian Iachimo wrote:Just so that you know - Ihave been a fan since I was 5, I'm now 45 and have most recorded material from Macca that I know of. My issue is that I do not have the last 4 albums. Why? - Because they are full of nursery-rhyme-style lyrics and have no real edge to them. The tunes are lame, the lryics are more like un-linked one-line statements and nothing seems to be memorable. When did you last hear a decent easy-to-remember tune of Macca's on the radio?

I am a huge fan and this may sound a bit negative and dis-respectful but, we all know what he is capable of. It's like he has been made aware that the stuff written post-Linda is not all that good and his touring schedule now consists mainly of Beatles and the odd Wings number. He is too good for that. Is'nt he?

I thought Flaming Pie was a wicked album but I have recently discovered that most of the material on that were old songs, recorded for that album at the time. Is it any wonder that he's now giving away his albums in national newspapers!

Come on Macca - get ya pencil sharpened and show em all what you can still do. You can't retire on the strength of the last 5 albums. We need another masterpiece. Not over-produced, not too slushey and certainly not too far away from what we have come to expect from you.

Deepest res :salute pect and love.

Ian

Ian - I'll assume you're either - pissed, on drugs, going through a midlife crisis or had a family bereavement otherwise I cannot understand what the hell you're talking about.

If you've taken a rational decision on ignoring Paul's most productive period then you're missing out - leave the pre-convienced opinions at the back door.

Deebhoy
Deebhoy

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Wonder what old Ian is listening to now? :-?? Seems he doesn't care for our kid anymore...he dropped out after Flaming Pie it sounds like. You're missing maybe the best period of Paul's solo career, if you dismiss the last fifteen years.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:33 pm

I think his songs is going in the direction of simplicity. On NEW the song are quite simply and that isn´t a bad thing..

On MAF the songs were great and I hate to say it maybe a little overproduced or big sounded. Understand???
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Ian,

I have been an OBSESSED fan since Feb. 1964. I have become more obsessed as the years go on. I don't like a lot of Macca's albums, anyone on this forum who knows me will attest to that but to call them lame is not a good thing either. I have all the commercially released albums and I have listened to them a couple times each and the ones I don't like, I still don't like except, thanks to Mr. H, Run Devil Run.

Macca is getting older and maybe he wants his songs to reflect that. He can't hit those high notes anymore and maybe he wants his songs to reflect that also. Plus, he does like to experiment with sound. Personally, I can't stand Kisses, Memory and Chaos but then on this forum I am in a minority but I still love the man and his music.

I really don't think you should judge ALL his work on the few you have. Give a listen. I mean a listen and not trying to judge it because you think it sounds like a nursery rhyme. Close your eyes and listen to the words and the music. Don't try to figure out what he is trying to say or is there a hidden meaning. JUST LISTEN!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Albums