"New"/Newish Lost Lennon Track from Double Fantasy Sessions!

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

"New"/Newish Lost Lennon Track from Double Fantasy Sessions!

Postby linclink » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 am

In the new Lennon cover Record Collector magazine there have been some stirrings about an unreleased "Lost Song" from the "Double Fantasy" sessions...this is from Terry Ott's usually quite crappy little blog over at Beatle News Briefs...
"The following caught my eye(s): According to Douglas, there is a "lost song" from the sessions,entitled, Street of Dreams, which Douglas also claims he co-wrote. Apparently, part of the song had been kicking around Lennon's head since the mid 60s and according to Douglas, 'had a real Beatle-y feel.' And speaking of Beatles, assistant DF sessions engineer Jon Smith says that John was using his original, black Beatle Rickenbacker guitar on the song I'm Losing You, that according to Smith, still had the Shea Stadium set-list taped to the back of the axe."
The Rick 325 for "Losing You" sounds really suspect. I'd like to hear what Bun. E., Rick & Tony Levin have to say about that detail...Jack Douglas too. for that matter. BUT... concerning the "Lost Track"...Here's a combination of two columns (UN-BOOTLEGGED LENNON- which is tracks 1-11 & MISCELLANEOUS LENNON TRACKS- which is 12-14) which come under the rare John Lennon section of a site titled "In My Life: Words & Music by John Lennon" @
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/joh ... ndex.jhtml

UN-BOOTLEGGED LENNON

The following tracks are known to exist and form part of John's Solo Demos. They have not yet been bootlegged.

*****1. Street of Dreams. (1980)****

2. Dream Time. (1979)

3. Soft Shoe.

4. Man Is Half Of Woman. (1971)

5. When This Life Is Done. (1977)

6. I'm Ready Lord. (1977)

7. What You Want Is What You Get.

8. Something Is Wrong.

9. Endless And Mindless.

10. I've Got You. (1971-1972)

11. Popcorn. (1973-1974)

12. Rock Peace. (1969)

In August 1969, it was announced that this instrumental was to be the follow up single to 'Give Peace A Chance'. However, 'Cold Turkey' was released, and there is no evidence Rock Peace was ever recorded.

13. Incantation. (1974)

A song John Lennon co-wrote with Roy Cicala, at New York's Record Plant studio, 15th July, 1974. The number was never recorded, although the copyright was registered 15th November, 1974.

14. Hold On I'm Coming. (19??)

A song by John Lennon, but it is not available.

Blessings!!
Last edited by linclink on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: "New"/Newish Lost Lennon Track from Double Fantasy Sessions!

Postby linclink » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:24 am

Mike: I screwed up the topic title on this same post (mistitled: " 'New'/Newish Lost Lennon song from doubel Fantasy Sessions!!") , so here it is corrected...please delete the previous mistake, sorry, and/or merge the posts if need be. And enjoy the Ringo show at Niagra Falls. I briefly reconsidered going recently when discussing it with a dear old friend who's never seen any of The Beatles. He agreed that to do whatever it takes, ticket price & road trip wise, to see Macca if/when he tours this year. "Mull of Kintyre" in Toronto anyone? Anywho, it was the prices in Niagara Falls that knocked us out of the running. Ouch. I'm sure it'll be a great venue to see him in though, and well worth it. If I hadn't seen him before, I'd do it. I'd also pay that price, if the lineup was better. I think I'll have to swallow hard, and just go, regardless of the lineup, and/or ticket prices, and/or miles of driving involved, on his. Cosmos still willing, next All-Starr tour. At the end of grad school I just can't manage it this time around. Anyways, have fun, and we'll all be expecting a good report back from you afterwards!! Blessings!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: "New"/Newish Lost Lennon Track from Double Fantasy Sessions!

Postby dylankyra » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Someone may have already mentioned this but a version of "Incantation" is found on the bonus CD that came with the book released a few years ago that focuses on any and all involvement the Beatles had with other artists' recordings...I believe the title is "Beatles Uncovered" or something like that. It's an awesome book if you can find it! :D
dylankyra

Return to JOHN