Roger Federer the best tennisplayer ever??

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Roger Federer the best tennisplayer ever??

Postby bravefan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Has he won the French? No? Then NO!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:11 pm

here is the way i look at it. no matter how great you are at...anything...there is always someone out there that can beat you. it could be something as simple as someone just being able to match up with one particular player better than others. federer seems to be able to beat anyone...except fot nadal...on clay. federer is certainly as dominant as anyone i've seen. he just has a rival. its the rivalry that makes it exciting. if no one else could touch him...would we even watch?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:07 am

bravefan wrote:Has he won the French? No? Then NO!

It's a hard one because Agassi has one every Grand Slam but we know he's not as good as Federer or even Sampras in his era but he had a game that allowed him to be a champion on every surface.

Ivan Lendl won everything except Wimbledon, he couldn't beat the grasscourters. So it's really hard to say.

As Chris said. his era was Borg-McEnroe-Connors so that's who he loves and will always think of as the best. I was more Lendl-McEnroe-Becker-Edberg era but my favoruite was Sampras.
Mini

Postby bobrocks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 pm

bravefan wrote:Has he won the French? No? Then NO!

Then who is?

If it wasn't for Rafeal Nadal, who many believe to be the greatest Clay Court player ever, you could argue that Federer would probably already own three or four French Open titles, and would have passed Samprass in total Grand Slam titles.
bobrocks

Postby bravefan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 pm

If you're talking best ever then it should be a well-rounded player winning on all surfaces (meaning all 4 majors). He hasn't won the French. It's that simple....imo
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to Sports & Recreation