Paul McCartney's next world tour will be his last (Sunday Mi

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul McCartney's next world tour will be his last (Sunday Mi

Postby cactus flower » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 am

Paul McCartney's next world tour will be his last (Sunday Mirror)
Exclusive
By Sean Hamilton Showbiz Editor 8/06/2008
Paul McCartney's next world tour will be his last - so he can spend more time wi th daughter Beatrice.
The former Beatle is about to announce plans for a colossal two-year tour. The huge string of dates, starting this autumn, will be one of the biggest rock tours of all time. Macca is expected to make £110million from the planned 100 gigs - more than £1m per show.
It will be his biggest tour since 1989-90 when he played 108 shows in Europe, the US, Japan and Brazil.
The tour will be in stages, taking in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia. The first dates will be announced in the next few weeks.
Beatrice, four, will join her dad - 66 this month - for sections of the tour.
Macca revealed his plan to close friends and family last weekend at his triumphant City Of Culture gig in his home town of Liverpool.
A source said: "Paul explained that this tour will be the last big one. He wants to settle down and enjoy Beatrice's childhood.
"The tour will be the last time he performs in many parts of the world. Beatrice and his family life are going to come first. He does not want to be away for months at a time."
The other woman in Macca's life - his new love, American socialite Nancy Shevell - will join him for much of the tour, aides have been told.
Nancy, 48, will see Paul play a free concert in Kiev, Ukraine, next Saturday.
Macca's last major tour, in 2002, netted him £63million for just 58 shows.
Paul will get more than £1million from each of the planned 100 per formances on one of the biggest rock tours ever.
Four-year-old Beatrice will fly out to join her dad for parts of the tour
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-yWJ8T8w1 ... F7OU-?cq=1
Fea's Let It Be-Beatles and Macca blog.
cactus flower

Re: Paul McCartney's next world tour will be his last (Sunday Mi

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:24 am

Oh my God! I can´t believe it! He´s comming back! I´m so so exited about this.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 am

Can´t wait to hear more!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:28 pm

cactus flower wrote:The former Beatle is about to announce plans for a colossal two-year tour. The huge string of dates, starting this autumn, will be one of the biggest rock tours of all time.

A source said: "Paul explained that this tour will be the last big one. He wants to settle down and enjoy Beatrice's childhood.
"The tour will be the last time he performs in many parts of the world. Beatrice and his family life are going to come first. He does not want to be away for months at a time."

i...ever the optimist...see two great bits of news here. he's going to tour. good news for all of us. and i translate "his last big tour" as there might just be another smaller tour in the works later. i don't want to think of him not touring anymore. but...maybe i should just sit back and enjoy this tour before i speculate whether or not he's going to touring again after this.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:21 pm

All I can say is Thank You Macca from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for all of us.I will be there when you come to Philly,I will cheer,I will cry.You deserve to enjoy your life with your daughter.Love you Macca!!
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Awesoman » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:15 pm

*sigh*

Yet again, more "news" about Paul allegedly planning a tour and there has been absolutely NO official word from McCartney's camp about him doing anything. Why do people continue to blindly fall for this stuff? I'd like to believe it to be true but when the best reference they have to quote on for this story is simply "a source", well I'll just have to take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

Bottom line: There absolutely is NO tour...until McCartney himself announces one.
Awesoman

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:22 pm

Awesoman wrote:Yet again, more "news" about Paul allegedly planning a tour and there has been absolutely NO official word from McCartney's camp about him doing anything. Why do people continue to blindly fall for this stuff? I'd like to believe it to be true but when the best reference they have to quote on for this story is simply "a source", well I'll just have to take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

Bottom line: There absolutely is NO tour...until McCartney himself announces one.

Always been that way. Until you get reports of venues actually being booked, then don't hold your breath. Look at the source folks, not BBC, but a tabloid. We all know Paul is planning a tour and it doesn't take a Pulitzer prize winning reporter to come up with that, but it does take a tabloid to speculate as much as that article is. The same old story of taking bits of probable truth, inserting the "close friend" bit and bammo, people fall for it. Mind you it's no doubt close to what may come, I just think if it is going to be that massive it will spread out it several legs with decent length breaks in between. Just my opinion of course.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to MACCA In-The-Media