Any "24" fans ? What do you think of the first 4

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Any "24" fans ? What do you think of the first 4

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:32 pm

What do you think of the first 4 hours ?
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby ANGRY » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 am

at first, it seemd kind of weak and ..dishambled (?)..but, it quickly found it's bearings..
i thought jack 'recovered' a little too quickly...
and the president is a freakin' wimp/ !!!
i don't like the almost too-critiquing of the current, real administration, even though i kinda agree with the points (patriot act, etc)...that may be too easy a target...and our own situation has yet to play out quite that broadly...
still...if they can keep thier dislike of bush and his tactics out of there sights, and create their own world for jack to save, it could be a winner...

certainly raises some interesting questions about how we might react to such events...

still...i can't belive we would ever have stooped to electing that wimp as president, no matter how much the last guy screwed up...he seems such a wallflower, so far...(do i smell political assasination in the air ?)
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:10 am

ANGRY I agree on all your points. I watch the last few seasons with my daughter, it's kinda our show :) How the hell could the writers put the ex-pres brother as a the new elected president ? He has the posture of the hunchback on Notre Dame. Every decision he has made was similar to what a person would do who is being picked on by a bully constantly. Then of course there is the so-called side story of their way to get at the patriot act. That dumb phsyco sister, how lame is that. Put the nobel peace prize on her chest and get on with the season, geez. How realistic is little sis calling her big brother, in the middle of bombs going off left and right and an eminent nuke going off somewhere in LA. My boyfriend is in jail and he's innocent, bla, bla, bla. Put a sock in it :)

Honestly, after the first 2 hours Sunday, I easily predicted a nuke would go off the next two hours, probably right at the end and I also predicted Jack would have to kill Curtis, it was telegraphed to us all. Now I don't think I'm anything special but if it was that easy for me to figure out, thousands of others must have as well. That's about all the negative stuff, I was still at the edge of my seat and wish I had a few bowls of popcorn to eat during the show but was too lazy, (tired) to get up and make it :)

How did I know it was going to be a nuke set off in hour four ? There were two major clues. That box that the kid was to deliver, turned out to be money to buy what was referred to as the "component", this was before the friendly terrorist (Dr. Bashir from Deepspace 9) told Jack the plans were for a suitcase nuke. The 2nd thing, was the previews of the show, they showed such a terrifying look on Jack's face. Because of his acting, he gave it away. Nothing else would terrify Jack more, he's seen it all. Then I knew for sure, when another tactical unit was sent in to the warehouse where the "component"

Oh I thought of one more thing that was stupid. When they homed in on the train bomb handler to the storage facility. All those crates of C4 then they explode. Geez the amount of C4 there would have taken out the entire city block but it didn't even knock any walls down. In other words the effects vs reality were not very good. Look like a little gasoline explosion, not 24 boxes of C4 going up. I thought that was lame.

Getting back to the dumbass presiwimp. I'm not a Hollywood script writer but I can guarantee you, if I had read this script I would have suggested changes immediately. The second the president decided to release the captured terrorists, I had this "what the hell ?" look on my face the rest of the night.
Mike

Postby ANGRY » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:17 am

agreed, on all points...i'm no great fan of the patriot act..but, under the right circumstances, and with the proper 'firewalls' in place, it could be a useful tool...but, to make the new guy at the white house so slavishly sadistic and dull about it is about as big a broadside shot as you can make...if they wanted to make a point about its possible misuse, they should've paid attention to pd james, geo. orwell, and written the whole story about the after effects of its potential misuse...

then, the president could've been more of a 'greg stillson'-type character and that would've made for interesting than the pseudo-wimp...

still...the story tellers are just getting into the wind up...i don't think the pitch has flown out of the hand...i hope they've got more up their sleeves...i just can't believe that they've so lost sight of the big picture as to lose their load in the first four hours...i'm guessing, with their track record, that there are twists aplenty to come.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 am

After the first 4 bottles, the next 20 taste all the same. 8)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Any "24" fans ? What do you think of the first 4

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 am

I've read too many spoilers, perhaps I should just avoid anything to do with "24" until I've seen them all.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Any "24" fans ? What do you think of the first 4

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:14 pm

I loved 24 from the beginning, but I found last season to be absolutely dreadful. I still watched it until the end, waiting for it to turn around (and I did like the last 15 minutes of the 24 hours!), but overall the show seemed to become more and more of a parody of itself!
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to Movies & TV