Macca for Ireland gig

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Macca for Ireland gig

Postby cactus flower » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Macca for Ireland gig
Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney is to Get Back to Ireland — with a massive outdoor show later in 2008.
Sunday, April 13, 2008

By John McGurk

Sunday Life can exclusively reveal that Sir Paul's people have been in negotiations with Irish promoters for an appearance here this autumn.

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet. The concert company that brought the 65-year-old music legend to Ireland last time, Aiken Promotions, was unavailable for comment yesterday.

But Sunday Life understands that dates in Ireland, Liverpool, Glasgow and London have been pencilled in as part of Sir Paul's first tour since his messy public divorce last month from former glamour model Heather Mills.

Earlier this week a source close to McCartney revealed that he was planning a "celebration" world tour this autumn.

And yesterday we learned that Belfast had been earmarked for Sir Paul's return to touring after a five year lay-off.

Our source claimed: "Local promoters were trying to get him to play Stormont this year but the promoters for The Police show got the licence for an outdoor show there.

"Then they were trying to bring him to Galway, but now Galway has fallen through as well.

"But there are still ongoing talks. Absolutely nothing has been finalised and there is no date. But people are still hopeful that McCartney will play in Ireland this summer or autumn."

Sunday Life understands that there have been at least two attempts to lure McCartney to play his first EVER solo show in Ulster since the turn of the millennium.

Back in 2002 there was intense speculation that he would play at Stormont.

And in 2003 rumours abounded that he would include a number of Odyssey Arena shows as part of an indoor venue tour. But that plan was apparently shelved due to the birth of his baby daughter Beatrice.

Sir Paul has only played live in Ireland once in the last 44 years — a Dublin show in May 2003.

Back in the Beatles' early heyday,Sir Paul and bandmates John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr played dates at the King's Hall and the old Ritz cinema in Belfast.
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-yWJ8T8w1 ... F7OU-?cq=1
Fea's Let It Be-Beatles and Macca blog.
cactus flower

Re: Macca for Ireland gig

Postby Teacup » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:45 pm

http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/news/article3608583.ece

The alleged cities are starting to come out . . . Dear God, PAH-leeeeeze, let him come to Dallas, Texas. I have not been in the best of health and I think that is about the farthest I could travel . . . I could probably make Houston or someplace in Texas if hubby drives me. But Dallas would be the most convenient for this 45-year devoted fan. Yeah I'm a little older than that, but I am still young compared to some of his fans. heh

This is just so exciting! I am only worried about being able to get good tickets, and praying he comes to The States, and which cities. I guess maybe they are leaking one city a week . . . or something like that.

BTW, I haven't been able to find the 'other' new tour concert thread - I saw it once on this forum, but now it is lost to me .... anyone have a link?
.... take these broken wings and learn to fly ....
Teacup

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 pm

I hope he calls it the "Celebration Tour" :lol:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Teacup » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm

me too - that would be so funny.

that said, we could have some fun here and see what other ideas folks might have. heh

(keeping it clean, of course!)

ok I will start - how about

McCartney RELEASED!
Teacup

Postby JimQ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:"Then they were trying to bring him to Galway, but now Galway has fallen through as well.

I'm from Galway and i really can't imagine why he'd want to play there, there is nowhere suitable at all and barely enough people in the whole city to fill a stadium.
JimQ

Postby mclarke825 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Teacup wrote:me too - that would be so funny.

that said, we could have some fun here and see what other ideas folks might have. heh

(keeping it clean, of course!)

ok I will start - how about

McCartney RELEASED!

A number of titles come to mind that have new meaning since his new "release" -

Live and Let Die
Letting Go
I've Had Enough
Tug of War
All My Trials
Hope Of Deliverance
and my personal favorite:
Run Devil Run
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby Teacup » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 pm

heh, yes Run Devil run put a smile on my face. roflmao

How about

Dress Me Up As A Robber/Tug of War
I Got Stung/Run Devil Run
Teacup

Postby mclarke825 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:52 am

I can't believe I forgot this one...

He should call it the FREEDOM Tour!!!!!
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby cactus flower » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:15 am

You can put an song request via Pauls giutarst Brian Ray or Rusty Andersopn, just mail them. I did mail Brian and I did get an answer abck from him, I did asked Brian to say to Paul that Paul must be playing "Listen To What The Man Said'' because this song Paul haven't done in a long time live on stage.
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-yWJ8T8w1 ... F7OU-?cq=1
Fea's Let It Be-Beatles and Macca blog.
cactus flower

Postby Vera » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:01 pm

JimQ wrote:
cactus flower wrote:"Then they were trying to bring him to Galway, but now Galway has fallen through as well.

I'm from Galway and i really can't imagine why he'd want to play there, there is nowhere suitable at all and barely enough people in the whole city to fill a stadium.

I know a song called Galway Bay: "If you ever go across the sea to Ireland..." Is it about this Galway?
Vera

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media