'93 pre show film

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

'93 pre show film

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon May 13, 2002 8:41 am

I originally posted this about 4 or 5 days ago but I went on vacation and never got to see any responses, if any. Just wanted to get some feedback from some people who actully seen this film live.
Do you think it was a bit harsh to show before a concert? did it kind of bring the mood down? I could only watch it one time and that was enough for me. It wrecked me for about a month. I understand the message the were trying to get across, but man there was some pretty rough images coming across the screen.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

'93 pre show film

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon May 13, 2002 8:41 am

I originally posted this about 4 or 5 days ago but I went on vacation and never got to see any responses, if any. Just wanted to get some feedback from some people who actully seen this film live.
Do you think it was a bit harsh to show before a concert? did it kind of bring the mood down? I could only watch it one time and that was enough for me. It wrecked me for about a month. I understand the message the were trying to get across, but man there was some pretty rough images coming across the screen.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Wings » Mon May 13, 2002 5:57 pm

I know what you mean. Im glad on the video release they put the film at the end of the tape.
Wings

Postby shorty » Fri May 17, 2002 10:01 pm

I don't think it was harsh at all. It shows you what you don't want to see, yet it shows you the truth. Everytime someone eats a hamburger, or wears a leather jacket etc etc..... they don't think about the animal, but seeing that realy makes you think. I recently saw some of the films on the PETA concert DVD and I can tell you this, what people do to animals is dicgusting and it's amazing that someone like paul can put a video on without saying a word and you get the message.

If it disturbs you it should, it's what happens in this cruel world. Don't kid yourselves

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Fri May 17, 2002 10:38 pm

Shorty, I totally agree with you. I'm not a vegetarian, but my girlfriend is, and she just recently became a PETA member. I've learned a lot, and it's not just PETA propaganda written by fanatical vegetarians. This stuff is real. The things industries do to animals is just atrocious and plain evil. If you even knew half the things the food industry did to animals, you'd think twice about eating that next double w/ cheese. And I don't mean just the idea of eating animals, I mean workers who regularly abuse the animals, dragging cows to death behind trucks, snapping the beaks off chickens and breaking their feet out of frustration, etc etc. So, I agree with Shorty that it's SUPPOSE to disturb you. I don't know if I'll ever become a vegetarian, but I defnitely don't believe in abusing the innocent animals out of anger. I admire Paul for being brave enough to make a film like that.
Ram1

Postby airdog » Fri May 17, 2002 10:56 pm

Ram1,you are busted! I've seen your Studebaker all around the beltway, usually at the scene of a horrible accident, and I clearly saw your bumper sticker:"WARNING:I SPEED UP TO RUN DOWN LITTLE ANIMALS" Et tu, Brut?
airdog

Postby Ram1 » Fri May 17, 2002 10:57 pm

Dude, no! It's not true!! I think the Robitussin is going to your head. Slow it down, man! Only one bottle an hour!
Ram1

Postby airdog » Fri May 17, 2002 11:07 pm

okay; but i'm chasing it with some glenfiddich. it helps counteract the morphine and heroin i smoke with my PCP.
airdog

Postby Ram1 » Fri May 17, 2002 11:11 pm

Good. Smoke your drugs responsibly.
Ram1

Postby airdog » Fri May 17, 2002 11:20 pm

Yes, we take drugs very seriously here in the lair of the airdog.
PS: I spoke with Miss Cleo...she confirms that we are all just robitussin-induced hallucinations in the mind of Scrodfish! I knew it!
airdog

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions