::Past Masters vol. 2

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: Re:

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:36 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
HeyJude wrote:YKMN is flat out fabulous, man!

In the voice of comic book guy Worst Beatle track ever!

um, no. Paul has said its his favorite Beatles' track. Its a fabulous track indeed....
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Re:

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:37 am

little lamb dragonfly wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
HeyJude wrote:YKMN is flat out fabulous, man!

In the voice of comic book guy Worst Beatle track ever!

um, no. Paul has said its his favorite Beatles' track. Its a fabulous track indeed....

Paul said it's his fav beatles track?
It must have been in sarcasm.
That's just ridiculous.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Re: :Past Masters vol. 2

Postby EddieV » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:54 am

YKMN just goes to show that Beatles wasn´t always so serious. Even when they had all these problems, they could still have a great time.

By the way YKMN was started in 1967 and finished in 1969
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:26 am

You Know My Name is a legend. Great bit of goofing about....comic masterpiece. :salute
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lampie1970 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am

Harrythebannister wrote:You Know My Name is a legend. Great bit of goofing about....

especially since everbody does know their name, but even if you try you can't look up their number!! :D

and just for the record:I like this song a lot...
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby linclink » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:24 pm

It's like the comic other side of Revolution 9's nether universe...both are unique, arty, experimental and great little sonic journeys...like strange radio plays...I think the extended Anthology version of YKMN benefits greatly from it's new addtions, or restoration from being edited if you prefer. I love Revolution 9 as well. Not songs I play often, but ones I'm glad exist, and am grateful I was able to experience as they expanded my horizons, and in the case of YKMN, tickled my funny bone as well. Blessings!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby bobrocks » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:26 am

I remember years ago, about 1988, I think. The Beatles albums had just been released on cd, and Much Music had a contest where they were giving away a complete Beatles library everyday for 12 days.
Each day they played a snippet of a Beatles song, and you were to send in a postcard with the name of the song. So on the last day they played a snippet of 'You Know My Name', and I think 'perfect, this is a song that not a lot of people know'.
So I sent 10 postcards.
I figured that would increase my odds. I sent 10 bright Orange postcards withthe word "HI" written on each one.
After the 12th day, they started back at the first song, and each day they did the draw for that day's song. So finally day 12 rolls around again, and I'm sitting watching as the VJ Erica Ehm reaches into this little hat and pulls out what looks like about 40 or 50 postcards. On the outside of the pile I see a bright orange postcard. My heart was racing, but I was super confident that I was about to win.
She puts them all back in the hat, and swirls them around, then reaches in and pulls out...a letter. A letter? They said send in a postcard, but oh well. She opens it, and luck would have it, it's the wrong answer.
Yes! We're back on. So she reaches in again, feels around...and around...then kind of pokes her head in, like she's looking for something, and pulls out...another envelope. You've got to be kidding, I thought. Sure enough, this one has the right answer. And instead of winning all the Beatles discs, I ended up spending a few years collecting all of them.
And I've hated Erica Ehm ever since.
bobrocks

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 am

bobrocks wrote:I remember years ago, about 1988, I think. The Beatles albums had just been released on cd, and Much Music had a contest where they were giving away a complete Beatles library everyday for 12 days.
Each day they played a snippet of a Beatles song, and you were to send in a postcard with the name of the song. So on the last day they played a snippet of 'You Know My Name', and I think 'perfect, this is a song that not a lot of people know'.
So I sent 10 postcards.
I figured that would increase my odds. I sent 10 bright Orange postcards withthe word "HI" written on each one.
After the 12th day, they started back at the first song, and each day they did the draw for that day's song. So finally day 12 rolls around again, and I'm sitting watching as the VJ Erica Ehm reaches into this little hat and pulls out what looks like about 40 or 50 postcards. On the outside of the pile I see a bright orange postcard. My heart was racing, but I was super confident that I was about to win.
She puts them all back in the hat, and swirls them around, then reaches in and pulls out...a letter. A letter? They said send in a postcard, but oh well. She opens it, and luck would have it, it's the wrong answer.
Yes! We're back on. So she reaches in again, feels around...and around...then kind of pokes her head in, like she's looking for something, and pulls out...another envelope. You've got to be kidding, I thought. Sure enough, this one has the right answer. And instead of winning all the Beatles discs, I ended up spending a few years collecting all of them.
And I've hated Erica Ehm ever since.

Best Story Ever! :lol:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bobrocks » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Do you remember Erica Ehm? She was actually kinda cute.

But I still hate her.
bobrocks

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Albums