Concert for George DVD WOW

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Concert for George DVD WOW

Postby mclarke825 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:56 am

Did any of you also get a tear or two when the rose petals fell while Joe Brown sang "I'll See You In My Dreams"? I still do, no matter how many times I watch it.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby cleptosid » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:25 am

A forgotten classic... One of the best star studded concerts I have ever heard. I received it as a x-mas gift the year it was released 02 or 03 ????. Watched it several times over the past 5 years. Jeff Lynne's version of The Inner Light is breathtaking.
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:32 pm

This is the best tribute concert ever. It touches me. I always cry when I hear I´ll see you in my dreams. Why they didn´t perform more Travelling Wilburys songs? Why didn´t Bob Dylan come up? The indian section in wonderful, specially when Eric joins with his acoustic guitar. I love The inner light. Anoushka is so talented and beautiful. Great speeches from Eric and Ravi. Wonderful to see Paul, Ringo and Dhani performing together.

Really amazing concert.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mclarke825 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:18 pm

eggman1979 wrote:This is the best tribute concert ever. It touches me. I always cry when I hear I´ll see you in my dreams. Why they didn´t perform more Travelling Wilburys songs? Why didn´t Bob Dylan come up? The indian section in wonderful, specially when Eric joins with his acoustic guitar. I love The inner light. Anoushka is so talented and beautiful. Great speeches from Eric and Ravi. Wonderful to see Paul, Ringo and Dhani performing together.

Really amazing concert.

I was wondering about Dob dylan too. When Jeff Lynne (or was it Tom Petty?) introduced the Travelling Wilburys number they did do, I heard what sounds like someone in the audience shouting, "Where's Bob?"

I was also wondering why John Cleese didn't join his fellow Pythons that night.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Re:

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:58 pm

james1985 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I was there, baby!

Yes, yes, James we've all heard it before....it was great this....it was brilliant that....da dee da dee da. :roll:

Just kidding man, that was an opportunity of a lifetime.
You should feel proud! :salute
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos