Ringo's work on the white album

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo's work on the white album

Postby cleptosid » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 pm

I gave a listen to the old relic today from beginning to end and I was pretty impressed with Ringo's drumming on this album. Especially Dear Prudence, Yer Blues, Happiness is a warm gun and Helter Skelter. Another thing I re-noticed on this album be it as brief as it is, George Martins production of While my guitar gently weeps. He made Claptons Guitar sound better than it ever did up to that point in time and beyond. This album showed Ringo as a true rock n roll drummer and precise time keeper. Alot will disagree but I think Ringo is one of the best RnR drummers there is..
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Re: Ringo's work on the white album

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Ringo's drumming throughout The Beatles was pretty impressive. BTW didn't Paul play drums on Dear Prudence?
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Scott Dossett » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Paul most definitely played drums on Back In The USSR and several others while Ringo was away having quit for about two weeks...but yes, I'll agree that Ringo was/is a fantastic R&R drummer.

I'll see him live on July 5th...can't wait !
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Postby linclink » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:09 pm

To the best of my knowledge Paul only drums on "Back In The USSR" from the White Album sessions, and then "The Ballad Of John & Yoko" where John & Paul were the only Beatles around to do what John, in true form, wanted done while the inspiration was still hot....thus actually making it a Nerk Twins single. I'm 99% certain that it is Ringo on "Dear Prudence".
And YES Ringo's drumming on The White Album is just breathtaking. As I've said before here, he is my favorite drummer ever, and he fit my favorite band perfectly, and was one half of the greatest rhythm sections ever. Paul is a great drummer too (the BOTR album being the best example), and John & George can drum as well, but Ringo is the greatest!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to RINGO