New George Harrison album, "The Collection: due 6/24/08?

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

New George Harrison album, "The Collection: due 6/24/08?

Postby linclink » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:16 am

This comes from the web board, Beatles Section, over at Bagism
http://bagism.com/webboard/msg/1980.html

Musictap.net reports a best-of George Harrison disc will be released June 24, instead of June 10. It looks to be titled "The Collection."
& this from Beatle News Briefs @
http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/408geo ... ction.html

Rumors that a release called "George Harrison: The Collection" is coming in June started making the rounds Monday. The rumors were first hinted at on MusicTap.net. The only thing we've been able to gather from our sources is that it may involve more than one label. That is, if it's going to happen at all. No one we contacted seems to know for sure as it stands right now. (The title sounds like an unimaginative and unlikely one, at any rate.) We'll let you know more if we hear anything. (Thanks to Steve Crosby for the initial alert.)

If this is true, I'll be hoping for some bonus tracks...UNRELEASED SONGS TYPES OF BONUS TRACKS AT THAT!! We'll see...I truly hope it is a double CD (if it actually exists) like the recent Lennon "Working Class Hero", or "Wingspan"...he truly deserves that, as opposed to a mere single CD. To be honest that didn't even really work for Ringo on his most recent best of (the 20 track one). I thought Ringo great later period, from "Time Takes Time" onwards, really got majorly shortchanged on that one. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: New George Harrison album, "The Collection: due 6/24/08?

Postby EddieV » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 am

Very exited to hear that. CanĀ“t wait to see the track list.

I really hopes it is followed by a massive advertisement campaign.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Return to GEORGE