Any Julian/Sean fans??

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:29 pm

I knew it! [:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:34 pm

I like Jules' stuff. Especially the last album. Very good material there. I have read interviews throughout his career and seen him interviewed on TV as well. I like him a lot. He is much like his Mum, I think. A very nice woman. So, whenever there is news about him, I do check it out. He doesn't work much, Jules. I gather he finally got a fairly decent settlement from Yoko, so he doesn't have to work. I've heard that he is working on another album for the last year and more. Maybe one day he'll be finshed and we can hear it!
Sean- NO. I listened to his debut album on headphones at Tower and I do not like Jazz. John would roll over.[xx(] I understand that he does work with Cibo Matto and tours a lot. But, I have no interest in him, really. I think Yoko has brainwashed him, telling him all the ways John hurt her. I heard that Sean did an interview w/ Howard Stern recently and HS set him up. I heard that Sean lost it, swearing his head off. What did he expect?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:57 pm

Sean's album 'Into the Sun' is much more than jazz, Aujouret. In fact, I wouldn't characterize it as a jazz album at all. Just some jazzy moments. You need to give it more of a chance. I don't think you're gonna get a very broad scope of the album by just listening to samples at Tower Records. It's actually a very beautiful album, IMHO. Although, I like Julian's Photograph Smile much better. You can definitely tell that Jule's is a much more matured artist. As for John "rolling over", I highly doubt that. First off, as I mentioned, it's a good album. And second of all, I'm sure John would be VERY proud of Sean for his accomplishment.

But as far as Yoko brainwashing Sean, I believe there's probably some truth to that. I think both Sean and Jules are pretty messed up in the head, (Sean because of Yoko and Julian because of John), but I do listen to what Julian has to say much more than Sean. Jules, like his father, tells you how it is, straight-forward. No B.S.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:06 pm

Sadly, Sean is delusional. He actually believes the government wanted John dead and used Chapman as a tool. Oh, right? I suppose the government find revolutionary ideas in Lennon's tame last work like "Beautiful Boy", "Watching the Wheels", and the last days of Lennon's life as a househusband ordering (according to today's NY Post) his assistant to make Yoko go to the Dentist and making sure his cats got hamburger meat and fresh milk. PUHLEASE! I think the jImmy Carter White house was more concerned about inflation, the hostages in Iran, the malaise that settled over the country than the actions of a 40 year old househusband making demos in his basement.

Let me just say that Sean Ono Lennon should stick to doing whatever a multi-millionaire 26 year old does - that is nothing! Maybe, he can help Yoko continue to "bastardize" as Julian angrily put it - the Lennon legacy.

United states doesn't kill musicians - we only kill controversial people like black panthers and we only impilicitly set up PResidents like Kennedy and controversial ministers like Martin Luther king.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:53 pm

Photograph Smile is a good album that showed Julian's maturity as an artist. Well, the influence of the Beatles sound is undeniably present but who cares? He's a Lennon. I just hope he continues releasing more albums in the future. We definitely enjoy his music.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:02 am

Sean Lennon , i think, seems to be doing the best he can in light of growing up without a stable set of parents. IF john were alive, Sean would have been a different person. As much as you would think Sean likes women, i sort of think he is a bit effemenite and he seems to have a very strong feminine side. And i think that's sad cause John wouldn't have wanted that for him. Let me put it this way, i wouldn't want Sean next to me on the subway if various members of the Crips n Bloods wanted to shake us down. He seems to be someone who is still searching for something to do. While i wish him well, i think he is a total idiot whenever he opens up his mouth (Whether critiqueing McCartney or thinking like a moron that Jimmy Carter directed the assasination of his father)....i wish Sean well but i'd wish he'd be a little more smarter in his public comments instead of looking like an out of touch, sheltered, little mama's boy.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:23 am

quote:As much as you would think Sean likes women, i sort of think he is a bit effemenite and he seems to have a very strong feminine side.

Well, Sean obviously likes women, Chris. Either that or the last two serious relationships he's been in have been hoaxes, which I doubt. Yes, he IS very effemenite. That doesn't make him gay.

quote:And i think that's sad cause John wouldn't have wanted that for him.

And why is that sad, Chris? Even if John would have been upset about Sean being effemenite, that would be JOHN'S problem, not Sean's.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:42 am

Sean reminds me of that skit of SNL - Lyle - the effeminite hetereosexual played by Dana Carvey. That skit was hilarious!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:46 am

Oh, you mean the days when SNL was actually funny? LOL
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:30 pm

Do you think Yoko's drug addictions, affairs, and various suicide attempts puts her on a par with Courtney Love as Rock N Roll's greatest mothers of all time.

God, i really feel sorry for some of the kids who grew up with Rock N Rollers as parents. Sad beyond words.

Look at those Osbourne kids? That Kelly Osborune is such a fat, spoiled brat and she's got a bunch of MTV network sycophants (spelling) telling her she's going to be a star. Why? Cause she's fat and she can't sing? Pathethic. Those kids are going to turn into the DIfferent strokes kids and their lives will be horror shows. Nothing sadder and weaker than seeing those kids sucking up those 15 minutes of fame.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions